It is an exciting time to join the pharmacy team at MKUH as we are continually growing in size and influence. We have recently undergone a major departmental refurbishment which included the installation of a Pharmacy Robot, we have opened a new Pharmacy and Aseptic Unit in our Cancer Centre and we will be opening a new Outpatient Pharmacy in the coming months.
Our services are being developed to offer patients, nursing and medical staff more time with pharmacists, to ensure that every patient receives safe, high quality care as our patients are at the heart of everything that we do.
To support this we are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated pharmacist to join our team and contribute to developing and delivering our services. This post would be ideal for a newly qualified pharmacist with some experience of working in the hospital sector. Interview date: Week commencing 09.10.2023Main duties of the job
You will work closely with pharmacy colleagues and other healthcare staff to:-
- provide clinical pharmacy services across a variety of specialities
- support safe prescribing and medicines optimisation
- support medicines safety and quality improvement
- provide medicines related advice to colleagues and patients
- support the safe and timely discharge of patients
- support clinical screening and accuracy checking within the dispensary
The rotations covered in this role will include patient services, clinical services (covering acute and general medicine, general surgery, trauma & orthopaedics and paediatrics), technical services (covering cancer and aseptic services) and medicines advice & safety.
To apply for this job, you must be registered as a Pharmacist with the General Pharmaceutical Council. Provisionally Registered Pharmacists are welcome to apply.About us
You can expect a warm welcome at Milton Keynes University Hospital, our staff are friendly and welcoming. We listen to each other and work together to embed our Trusts values and behaviours. At MKUH we appreciate our staff and reward them with an outstanding benefits package including:
- Free on-site parking
- Free tea and coffee
- Great flexible workingopportunities
- Discounted gym membership
- Lease car scheme
- Generous annual leave and pension scheme
- On site nursery (chargeable)
- Extensive staff health and well-being programme
Milton Keynes University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, in partnership with the University of Buckingham, is a University Teaching Hospital we conduct research and teaching on site to improve the care of our patients. The hospital is undergoing significant investment, and we are proud to be rated good by the CQC. Visit our website to catch up on our latest news.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
We have recently restructured our working hours meaning that standard hours are now four long days per week with weekends covered on a rota basis. You will contribute to the pharmacy out of hours service following a period of induction and training.
If you are successful, you will work in a supportive and forward thinking environment where you will be encouraged with your professional and personal development.
Please refer to the job description for full detailsPerson SpecificationQualifications and KnowledgeEssential
- To support the principal pharmacists and pharmacy colleagues in delivering a consistently high quality clinical pharmacy service on the wards and in the department, including medicines reconciliation and prescription validation.
- To facilitate and support the efficient and cost effective use of medicines
- To comply with pharmacy procedures, clinical governance, quality assurance and risk management
- oMPharm Degree (or equivalent)
- oOverseas Pharmacists' Assessment Programme (OSPAP) Postgraduate Diploma (if required)
- oRegistration with GPhC
- oWork Experience in Pharmacy ideally including Hospital Pharmacy
- oSome knowledge of the structure and organisation of the NHS
- oGood clinical knowledge & ability to apply this to practice
- oPreviously worked in Hospital Pharmacy
- oAble to describe the roles of hospital pharmacy staff
- oAble to discuss a current issue affecting hospital pharmacy
Personal and people developmentEssential
- oExhibits personal organisational abilities
- oDemonstrates ability to plan and prioritise own workload to meet deadlines
- oAble to interpret technical / medical information
- oAble to build and maintain positive working relationships with colleagues and patients
- oDemonstrates Reflective Practice
- oDemonstrates a commitment to CPD
- oCommitted to a future career in hospital pharmacy
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oAble to perform the duties of the post with reasonable aids and adaptations
Milton Keynes University Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.