This is a new and exciting opportunity - in partnership with the specialist charity the Anne Robson Trust (1178352) - we are looking to recruit an End of Life Care Volunteer Co-ordinator. The new post will sit across the existing specialist palliative care team and volunteer service. The primary purpose of the role is to project manage, design and implement an End of Life Care volunteering service. The post holder will require excellent organisational, communication, networking and people skills.
The post holder, with support from Volunteer Services Manager and the Anne Robson Trust, will be required to attract, recruit, train, induct and manage a group of volunteers (SWAN volunteers). The aim of this new service is to provide company and companionship to patients who are in the last days and hours of their life, and also to support their family and friends.Main duties of the job
About us Mid Cheshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (MCHFT) provides good quality, safe and effective healthcare to the people of Cheshire and beyond. The Trust, which manages Leighton Hospital in Crewe, Victoria Infirmary in Northwich, and Elmhurst Intermediate Care Centre in Winsford, was established as an NHS Trust in April 1991 and became a Foundation Trust in April 2008. We employ almost 5,000 members of staff, provide around 540 hospital beds, with a range of services including accident and emergency, maternity, outpatients, therapies, and children's health. The Trust is also part of Central Cheshire Integrated Care Partnership (CCICP), a unique local health partnership that provides a range of community services for people across South Cheshire and Vale Royal. During the Coronavirus pandemic, the Trust was recognised nationally for its 'Be Safe Be EquiPPEd' campaign, which aimed to make the Trust as safe as possible for staff and patients, through supporting the correct use of PPE. The results in the 2020 national NHS Staff Survey showed improvements in all elements of the safety culture theme, with 92% of respondents feeling their role made a difference to our patients. We were also recognised nationally for our workforce health and wellbeing initiatives. At Mid Cheshire, we value our staff and appreciate that in order to give our patients the best quality, compassionate care, we also need to look after our colleagues. Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Attend intensive training for the role with the Anne Robson Trust team, usually delivered at their offices in Stevenage, Hertfordshire.
- With support from Volunteer Services and the Anne Robson Trust attract, recruit, train, induct and manage a group of End of Life care Volunteers.
- Organise training, ensuring that all mandatory requirements are met.
- To establish good working relationships with relevant stakeholders to ensure smooth running of the service.
- Attend End of Life & Bereavement Group Meetings providing relevant updates and contribute to the general improvement of services.
- Liaise and establish good working relationship with Chaplaincy Team and Bereavement Services.
- Liaise daily with Specialist Palliative Care Team and ward staff to ensure that patients who are approaching the end of their life are referred to the End of Life Care Volunteer team, as appropriate.
- Record soft mentoring sessions with each member of the End of Life Care Volunteer team at least once every four shifts.
- Provide emotional and pastoral support to team of End of Life Care Volunteers and in time, implement a Buddy system whereby they support each other.
- Attend relevant meetings, participate in discussions, and raise the profile of End of Life Care Volunteers supporting patients at the end of life, and their families.
The post holder will work in partnership with specialist palliative care, volunteer services, ward staff and other Trust teams to ensure patients and their families are aware of the End of Life Care Volunteer service and are able to access support when required.Person SpecificationCommunicationEssential IT literateEssential Experience with staffing issuesDesirable
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Managing daily staffing challenges
Mid Cheshire Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.