The Integrated case management team is looking for a knowledgeable, motivated Senior Occupational Therapist with strong clinical decision making skills to join our multidisciplinary team. Integrated case management team work with other teams in the community with an aim to bring the best of hospital care to a patient's home and therefore avoid unnecessary hospital attendances/admissions. Most of our referrals are from GPs, Rapid Response team, Accident and Emergency departments and other community teams. We provide the initial assessment at home, performing a holistic assessment of the patient and start treatment plan by discussing the patients with consultants in virtual ward rounds.
The team consists of consultant, specialist GP, Nurses, clinical pharmacists, physiotherapists, Occupational therapists, therapy Technician and HCA. Integrated case management team manages patients in the community up to 6 weeks with aim to stabilise their health and other needs holistically. This will help to reduce the hospitaladmissions
We are looking for a senior clinician who have a passion for patient care, who want to develop their skills and push themselves outside the normal boundaries of practice and who have a real drive to make sure their patient gets the best treatment possible. Excellent communication skills are essential.Main duties of the jobAs
a Band 6 Occupational Therapist you will:
- Attend patients alone for initial and follow up follow up visits unless a joint visit is needed.
- Develop your skills into a more well-rounded holistic approach to patient care.
- Take on extended roles such as venepuncture, advance assessment of the acutely ill patient and acute injury assessment.
- Gain experience in generic, orthopaedic, musculoskeletal, respiratory, neurological rehabilitation and falls prevention.
- Gain experience in day to day management of the team including taking handovers and helping to make treatment plans at the virtual ward round.
- Supervise junior staff and students
- Attend in-service training and have Continued Professional Development opportunities
Just as we care about our patients' wellbeing, we care about yours!
We can offer you:
- A comprehensive induction into the community service followed by a local induction to introduce you to the role
- Single occupancy accommodation in Central London - (we can help you find accommodation in London, support you with your deposit)
- Support with gaining your driving license *T& C's apply
- Car lease scheme *T& C's apply
- Flexible working options
- Annual travel card loan
- Training, support and development in your career
To have a full look at our benefits and what it's like working for us please go here: https://www.clch.nhs.uk/job/pay-and-benefitsJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the attached Job Description for full list of responsibilities Person SpecificationEducation/QualificationEssential
- To assess referrals made to service, prioritise, and respond according to priority, as appropriate both in terms of level and urgency
- To use enhanced skills and knowledge to assess physical and psycho-social needs and develop a comprehensive and concordant plan of care with patient/carers and the wider Multidisciplinary Team as needed
- To make risk assessments, establishing the safety or otherwise of patients ability to stay at home, or return home safely from another care setting, providing, and arranging necessary supportive packages
- To provide evidenced based clinical/therapeutic interventions based on best practice, in order to improve health outcomes and promote choice
- To work in close collaboration with all other community agencies including community matrons, District nursing services, in patient and community-based therapy services
Employer detailsEmployer name
- BSc degree or equivalent in Occupational Therapy
- Evidence of continuous professional and personal development relevant to rotations
- Registration with the Health Professions Council
- Wide ranging experience including musculoskeletal outpatients, adult/older people's rehabilitation, community rehabilitation and neurology placements.
- Registration with the Royal College of Occupational Therapy
- Evidence of leadership courses/training
- Training on effective appraisal
Central London Community Health TrustAddress
Sudbury Primary Care Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.