A new and exciting development opportunity has arisen for an ambitious, well-motivated individual to join the leadership team on Hillcrest ward. This is a highly valued, rewarding, and challenging role with opportunities to improve the delivery of inpatient services.
Hillcrest ward is an acute Mental Health Ward situated in Redditch and provides inpatient services across Worcestershire. It is a vital service for supporting those with mental health difficulties of varying complexities. The ward is supported by an established Medical team who will continue to support the wider MDT.
Hillcrest ward has a number of projects focusing on clinical leadership, operational management and strategic planning which will offer many opportunities for professional development. The ward has and continues to have ongoing environmental works which enhance the patient experience, ward safety and therapeutic facilitation.
The role will include a combination of clinical and operational duties which will support the maintenance of quality and standards for patient experiences. The role will consist of a strong staff focus, inclusive of HR Processes, rostering and the facilitation of staff Appraisals.
The role will include clinical shifts and management shifts.Main duties of the job
- Maintain high standards of patient care ensuring all patients individuality, dignity and privacy is maintained at all times.
- To provide key leadership for the management of day to day duties and patient facing care
- To complete operational duties such as the Health roster, provide line management supervision and complete staff appraisals to ensure developmental opportunities are captured.
- Ensure that each patient receives an individual clinical assessment which is the subject of a regularly updated care plan that, wherever practicable, is formulated in conjunction with the patient.
- Ensure that information regarding patients needs and progress are communicated promptly and accurately to their relatives and carers having due regard for confidentiality.
- Provide strong clinical leadership for all staff, maintaining and enhancing own knowledge by making use of educational opportunities, under the guidance of the Ward Manager. This includes appropriate extensions to the role of the nurse/OT in line with NMC/HCPC and Trust policy.
We are community hospitals, neighbourhood teams and community health services across Worcestershire and the provider of Mental Health and Learning Disability services across both Herefordshire and Worcestershire. We work in partnership with other organisations to keep our community well at home for as long as possible.
We provide services for people of all ages, across a range of settings, experiencing both physical and/or mental health conditions.
We have an open and supportive culture, recognised by the CQC and other external regulators. We want you to thrive, offering you every opportunity to develop. We will support you help you fulfil your ambitions with a varied and flexible training programme and empower you to make positive changes within your team or service. We endeavour to offer an attractive work-life balance, with flexibility in our approach to help you get the most out of your career.
We provide our staff with direct access to a wealth of resources to support their wellbeing, from our Staff Mental Health and Wellbeing Hub, to wellbeing festivals or access to free online exercise classes.
At the core of our values, we are committed to equality, diversity, inclusion and human rights. We take every opportunity to strengthen our approach to equality and diversity in delivering best patient care and the employment of our staff.
We would encourage you to visit the Trusts Recruitment Microsite, click the Employer Website link.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
As a service, we provide inpatient facilities for working age adults with acute mental health problems and we are looking for caring, compassionate individuals to work within our acute service who are committed to providing high quality care and treatment to our patients. Working in an acute environment can be challenging, but with the right team, positive attitude and resilience we are rising to the challenge and reaping the reward of being able to support people during their most difficult times.
With you in our team, we will empower you to work innovatively, showing a commitment to providing compassionate care and a strong desire to improve the patients experience. You will be able to apply the philosophies of engagement, recovery and positive care in your work with your patients.
Your career with us will be enjoyable and rewarding as you develop specialist skills and make a real difference for some of the most vulnerable people in society.
It's a career that you can take pride in and enjoy, and together we can make life better for our communities.
For full details of the duties and criteria for the role please refer to the job description and person specification attached.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered with the appropriate professional body
- Registered Mental Nurse (RMN), Registered Nurse (Mental) (RN(M)), or Occupational Therapist (OT)
- Teaching and assessing qualification ENB 997/8 or equivalent
- Evidence of continuous skills and knowledge updating (Personal Portfolio)
- Up to date training in MAPA techniques (Levels 1, 2 & 3), Intermediate Life Support and treatment of anaphylaxis, Risk management, Mental Health Act 1983, Manual Handling, Fire, Care Programme Approach, NCRS, Blood Glucose monitoring & Basic First Aid
- I understand that I will be asked to provide original certificates to verify my qualifications at point of offer
- Experience in a qualified position preferably gained in more than one area
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Management of staff of varying professions
Herefordshire and Worcestershire Health and Care NHS TrustAddress
Hill Crest Ward, Alexandra Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.