We are recruiting to a Band 8a senior clinical lead to support the growth and development of the CYP mental health support teams within Mersey Care.
We welcome applicants with BABCP accreditation or clinical psychologists.Main duties of the job
The post holder will supervise and support the psychological assessment and therapy provided by other psychological professions and other members of the team who provide psychologically based care and treatment.
The post holder will exercise delegated management responsibilities where appropriate and work autonomously within professional guidelines and exercise responsibility for the mental health support service.
The post holder will utilise research skills for audit, policy and service development and research and propose and implement policy changes within the area served by the MHST.About us
Mersey Care is one of the largest trusts providing physical health and mental health services in the North West, serving more than 11 million people.
We offer specialist inpatient and community services that support physical and mental health and specialist inpatient mental health, learning disability, addiction and brain injury services. Mersey Care is one of only three trusts in the UK that offer high secure mental health facilities.
At the heart of all we do is our commitment to 'perfect care' - care that is safe, effective, positively experienced, timely, equitable and efficient. We support our staff to do the best job they can and work alongside service users, their families, and carers to design and develop future services together. We're currently delivering a programme of organisational and service transformation to significantly improve the quality of the services we provide and safely reduce cost as we do so.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To deliver NICE guided interventions
To offer clinical supervision to psychology colleagues across MHST mid mersey
To support leadership and management of the mid mersey MHSTPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential Knowledge / ExperienceEssential
- Significant experience of representing psychology within the context of multi-disciplinary care.
- Experience of exercising full clinical responsibility for individuals' psychological care and treatment.
- Experience of teaching, training and/or professional and clinical supervision.
- Expertise in the use of complex methods of psychological assessment, formulation, intervention and management frequently requiring sustained and intense concentration.
- Advanced level knowledge of research design and methodology, including complex, multivariate data analysis as practiced within psychology.
- Knowledge of legislation in relation to the client group and mental health.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of assessing and treating individuals across the full range of care settings.
- Experience of the application of psychology in different cultural contexts.
- Knowledge of the theory and practice of specialised psychological therapies in specific difficult to treat groups (e.g. personality disorder, dual diagnoses, people with additional disabilities etc).
- High level knowledge of the theory and practice of at least two specialised psychological therapies.
Mersey Care NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.