We are looking for an enthusiastic experienced manager to join the Women's Health team in the role of Service Manager for Gynaecology. The Service Manager will be responsible for the operational management and the effective and efficient delivery of services provided within Gynaecology Care Group, in support of the General Manager (GM), Deputy General Manager (DGM), Care Group Leads, and Head of Nursing ensuring effective co-ordination and management of budgets and agreed national or local performance objectives and contracts.. The postholder will be based at St George's Hospital, however, will be required to work at Queen Mary's Hospital on occasion.Main duties of the job
The Service Manager will manage the Assistant Service Manager, and/or other senior administrative staff and will work in partnership with the Matron, Care Group Lead, medical staff and other staff within the Care Group. This role involves collaboration with colleagues in other teams including outpatients and theatres, it is essential that the successful candidate is able to communicate effectively and forge strong working relationshipsAbout us
The Women's Services department provides excellent patient care and positive patient experiences, always reflecting the trust values.
St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust provide services from two main hospitals, St George's Hospital and Queen Mary's Hospital, and two health centres, St Johns Therapy Centre, and The Nelson Centre.
With over 9,000 dedicated staff caring for patients around the clock, we are the largest healthcare provider in southwest London.
Our main site, St George's Hospital in Tooting - one of the country's principal teaching hospitals - is shared with St George's, University of London, which trains medical students and carries out advanced medical research. St George's Hospital also hosts the St George's, University of London and Kingston University Faculty of Health and Social Care Sciences, which is responsible for training a wide range of healthcare professionals from across the region.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The role will primarily entail the day-to-day running of Gynaecology Services.There is a strong emphasis upon owning your services and therefore managing all dimensions of the service that fall within your portfolio, including the budget, CIP delivery, RTT, performance against activity plan, theatres, ED, flow in and out of the hospital, outpatients, clinical rotas, governance, and so on.
The Service Manager will work with a variety of stakeholders, such as the Deputy General Manager, the admin team, the Matron, ward managers, care group lead, medical staff, sonographers, and nurses within the care group to plan and develop the service. This work will draw upon a variety of auxiliary services in the Trust, as well as co-dependent specialties. For instance, regular contact and collaborative working will need to take place between Gynaecology, Human Resources, Finance, Procurement, Estates, Risk, Complaints, Maternity Services, Radiology, Theatres and so on to deliver the services we are contracted to provide, to the standard we should be providing them.
For further details on the job requirements and main responsibilities please see the attached job description or contact Carys Edwards, Deputy General Manager for Women's Health.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Degree level or equivalent qualification/equivalent level of experience.
- Evidence of continuous professional development within the NHS.
- Recognised management qualification
- Experience in an operational/patient care management post within an NHS acute setting.
- Evidence of successful operational leadership and effective involvement in change management
- Evidence of innovation and achievement in management practice.
- Evidence of successful involvement in production of clear business cases.
- Has self-confidence and uses this to lead, involve and challenge others as appropriate.
- Makes sustained effort in making a difference to how services are planned and delivered, overcoming obstacles and setbacks
- Delegates appropriately, setting clear and achievable targets and monitoring against required outcomes.
- Develops constructive relationships and networks within the organisation and outside.
- Able to use a range of management styles as appropriate
- Assumes an enterprising, industrious approach to delivering in challenged conditions.
- A self-starter and consequently able to work with autonomy.
- Able to work flexibly in changeable conditions.
- A completer-finisher
- Awareness and understanding of national policy concerning patient care and developments within the NHS including current developments concerning national plans.
- IT and computer literacy.
- Awareness of the RTT & Cancer access targets and policies.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- High level of verbal and written communication skills, including ability in report writing and responding to complaints.
- Promotes the building of effective teams and collaboration between teams.
- Builds and maintains sound relationships within teams and with colleagues in other areas including corporate departments.
St George's Healthcare NHS Foundation TrustAddress
St George's Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.