We are looking for an exceptional candidate to step into this new role as Head of Flow for Acute Mental Health Services (AMHS). This opportunity is a 12-month secondment or fixed term post and involves operational responsibility for services and leadership of transformation initiatives, aimed to significantly improve flow and pathways for our service users in acute and crisis care.
This role comes at an exciting time when we have the development of new services and are working on piloting a number of improvement initiatives. Our approach in AMHS is to develop talent and utilise ideas and initiatives of all staff, to identify new and improved ways of working.
The successful candidate will have a positive and enthusiastic attitude with a focus on team working and collaboration. They will encourage creativity and inclusion whilst having strong diplomacy skills. Robust clinical expertise and a proven track record of effective people management, including excellent communication is essential along with a developed understanding of crisis, community and acute services and the wider landscape across systems.
We are looking for an outstanding candidate who can bring significant senior management experience along with a proven track record of leading change.
The AMHS Senior Management Team is a well-functioning and cohesive team who offer a positive and caring approach. The successful candidate should expect to be well supported with a robust development plan.Main duties of the job
The portfolio for this role includes the Bed Management/ Patient Flow Service the SPA and NHS 111 MH service Step down provision Reablement service and inpatient in-reach support services.
The post holder will support the Associate Director and Clinical Director in the delivery of business within the clinical service line.
They will provide clinical operational leadership to the Service Managers for teams across these areas to maximise excellent care provision.About us
The post is part of the AMHS Senior Management Team which is responsible for facilitating the successful delivery of good quality clinical services, by providing clinical, operational and strategic leadership focused on strong clinical, operational and financial outcomes.
Our organisation is driven by our strategic objectives and organisational values and we look for people who are strongly aligned with them. The AMHS Senior Management Team is a well-functioning and cohesive team who offer a positive and caring approach. The successful candidate should expect to be well supported with a robust development plan.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
********Please see Job Description and Personal Specification attached for further details **********Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Recognized Professional Qualification in Social Work (DipSW/CQSW), Mental Health Nursing (RMN), Psychology or any allied health/medical profession.
- Masters level education in a relevant subject or equivalent post-graduate experience
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Professional registration
- Extensive Senior Management Experience in running a large number multidisciplinary teams with significant clinical and business delivery targets
- Experience of managing budgets and resources effectively.
- Experience of leading and managing change to deliver organizational & Service line goals.
- Experience of leading business planning processes and delivering targets within an agreed budget
- Experience of project management.
- Experience of involving service users and carers in the development of services.
- Specialist clinical knowledge relevant to the service, including evidence based practice.
- Working knowledge of all relevant legislation associated with health and social care.
- Understanding of the role and function of other organisations providing services to people with mental ill-health.
- Understanding of the legislative and quality frameworks that govern provision of mental health and social care.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Effective communications and interpersonal skills and proven ability to develop and manage key relationships at all levels.
- Understanding of working in a multi-cultural, inner city environment with diverse communities and complex needs.
- Ability to develop close collaborative working relationship between individuals, teams and organisations.
- Leadership skills especially the ability to lead and manage change through influence without direct management.
- Able to analyse complex issues/ problems, gather relevant information and exercise sound judgement in reaching the most appropriate conclusions.
West London NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.