We are looking for someone who wants to use their finance skill to make a difference to the healthcare services we provide.
An opportunity has arisen for some highly motivated and hardworking individuals to join us. As part of the Management Accounts Team, you will provide a high quality accounting service to a range of Service Lines in the Care Groups. This is a rewarding and challenging role requiring financial and analytical expertise, underpinned by excellent communication and organisational skills.
The successful candidate should be training towards a CCAB Qualification or seeking to do so, with experience of working in a management accounting environment and a good working knowledge of the NHS would also be an advantage.
We would love to hear from you if you are interested in being part of our team, for an informal discussion please contact Becky Southern, Finance Business Partner (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Yazmin Roberts, Care Group Finance Business Partner (email@example.com).
***Preference will be given to internal Trust staff, as well as 'Priority' and 'At Risk' status including NHS At Risk staff throughout Devon who are able to display recent relevant experience as dictated by the Person Specification.***Main duties of the job
To provide an outward facing, high quality and customer focused complete management accounting service to a significant number of service lines and to support the work of the Senior Management Accountant.
Some of the key responsibilities of the role will include assisting in the production of management accounting information and high quality financial reports in line with required timescales, ensuring information is accurate, timely and robust, regularly liaising with Budget Holders and Operational Managers to ensure that the most effective financial decisions are made.About us
We are a people business - where every member of staff matters and can make a difference. Patients are at the heart of everything we do. Joining University Hospitals Plymouth NHS Trust means becoming part of a team of dedicated staff, who are committed to leading the way through innovation, clinical excellence and great customer care. The Trust has great opportunities for career development in a highly progressive working environment. We offer all of this in a vibrant, modern city with a historic reputation for adventure. PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL COMMUNICATION WILL BE ELECTRONIC, PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAIL ACCOUNT REGULARLY. If you have any issues with applying online and need additional support including reasonable adjustments with the application process please contact the recruitment team on 01752 432100. We recognise that work life balance is important for our colleagues and so we invite requests from applicants around less than full time/flexible working for our advertised roles. Please contact the recruiting manager to discuss this prior to your application submission. We commit to giving this full consideration in each case. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply for our roles, as diversity strengthens our teams. It is sometimes necessary to close vacancies before the closing date. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have not been shortlisted.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
This role will provide a complete management accounting service to a number of service lines and to support the work of the Senior Management Accountant with advanced financial and technical accounting support. The role involves utilising detailed understanding of accounting procedures, processes, regulations, financial techniques and relevant legislation, for individual Clinical Service lines.Person SpecificationKnowledge & ExperienceEssential
- Extensive demonstrable Management Accounting experience to include all aspects of monthly accounts production.
- Demonstrable experience of working in finance in a large organisation.
- Demonstrable Management Accounting Experience in a large clinical setting
- Professional Accountancy qualification at NVQ level 5-6 OR Accountancy Degree OR CIMA (or equivalent) part qualified OR equivalent management accounts experience.
- Proven evidence of continuing professional development
Aptitude & AbilitiesEssential
- Degree and CIMA (or equivalent) actively studying
- High level of numeracy.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to handle complex multi-faceted data and to make judgements and decisions based on the analysis
- Excellent communication skills, written with ability to demonstrate fluency, clarity and effectiveness at all levels.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Advanced knowledge in the use of Microsoft products including Excel
- Ability to organise and prioritise own workload
- Ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of the service depending on monthly, quarterly and annual cycles
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Team player and have personal initiative and drive
- Ability to analyse complex data
- Enthusiasm and commitment
- Able to handle & convey sensitive information in an appropriate and discreet manner
University Hospitals Plymouth NHS TrustAddress
Ground Floor Brittany House
1 Brest Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.