An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and motivated Specialist Diabetes Dietitian to join our Integrated Community Diabetes Service (ICDS) across Bury and Rochdale. The dietitian will provide dietary advice and support to patients attending specialist outpatient clinics, including insulin pump, young adult and gestational diabetes. There will also be opportunities to work delivering group patient Education including DAFNE and DESMOND sessions in the community.
You will be joining a supportive Dietetic team alongside working as part of the Diabetes MDT (ICDS) alongside consultants, specialist nurses and midwives. The successful candidate will be part of the multidisciplinary alongside working autonomously.
We are looking for a passionate innovative dietitian who is keen to share and develop their clinical knowledge in diabetes. We would also be keen to have applications from any band 5 dietitians who would like to specialise in diabetes. FULL AND PART TIME HOURS AVAILABLE PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT APPLYMain duties of the job
- To provide an efficient, effective and consistently high quality Nutrition and Dietetic service to people with diabetes across Bury and Rochdale.
- The role will focus on providing a specialist dietetic service to meet the needs of patients with complex acute and chronic disease processes specifically focusing on diabetes.
- To provide evidence-based care, education and information to patients, carers and health care professionals. This will be in a range of outpatient and community settings.
- The Nutrition and Dietetic service that sits within the ICDS across Bury and Rochdale provides support to students on clinical placement, and there will be an expectation that the successful applicant will partake in student education as required.
Bury Care Organisation is part of the Northern Care Alliance, one of the largest NHS organisations in the country. A place destined to be different. The NCA puts co-operation and co-design at the forefront of its health and social care. This is the place with community based integrated care at its heart. Adult and children's community services across Bury, Heywood Middleton and Rochdale, consists of professionals from health, social and voluntary sectors. A place leading the way in life-enhancing, integrated care.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To read more information about the advertised role, and the main job duties/responsibilities please open the Job Description and Person Specification located under the supporting documents heading. You can also read more information about working at the Northern Care Alliance within the attached Candidate Information Pack or by visiting our careers website: www.careers.northerncarealliance.nhs.uk
In line with the Trusts Single Equality Scheme we welcome applications from everyone irrespective of ethnic origin, disability, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, marital status, social back ground or trade union membership. However, as members of ethnicity minority groups and individuals with disabilities are currently under-represented at this level of post, we would encourage applications from members of these groups. Appointment will be based on merit alone.Person SpecificationEssential QualificationsEssential
- BSc/MSc Nutrition and Dietetics or Post Graduate diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics
- HCPC registration
Knowledge, Skills, Training and ExperienceEssential
- Member of of specialist interest group
- Significant clinical experience following graduation
- Knowledge of different ethic cultures and religions
- Ability to convey complex information in an understandable way
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Previous experience within a specialist area
Northern Care Alliance NHS Foundation Trust Address
Phoenix Centre & Moorgate Primary Care Centre
Church Street & Derby way
Rochdale & Bury
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.