An exciting opportunity has arisen for a motivated and enthusiastic dietitian to join our friendly Dietetic Team at North Manchester General Hospital, delivering services in the acute setting. We form part of a larger cross-Trust Dietetic Division alongside Manchester Royal Infirmary, Wythenshawe Hospital and Trafford General Hospital. This full time, permanent Band 5 Dietetic role provides a fantastic opportunity for new graduates, or those wishing to sample vibrant Manchester!
You will be supported in developing your skills and knowledge via practice supervision, preceptorship and CPD opportunities. We deliver clinical placements for students and have secretarial and assistant support.
You will manage a caseload, consisting of a wide range of patient areas such as orthopaedics, surgery, general medicine, care of the elderly, cardiology, respiratory and infectious diseases. A general out-patient clinic will also be undertaken.Main duties of the job
In addition, you will have exposure to a diverse range of clinical specialities via working alongside our senior dietitians, who cover head and neck cancer, diabetes, colorectal surgery, critical care, and paediatrics.
You will be working with a range of multi-disciplinary team colleagues supported by Senior Dietitians.
Candidates must be a qualified dietitian and registered with the HCPC.
So, if you are ready for a new challenge, we would like to hear from you!About us
MFT is England's largest NHS Trust with a turnover of �2.5bn & is on a different scale than most other NHS Trusts. We're creating an exceptional integrated health & social care system for the 1 million patients who rely on our services every year.
Bringing together 10 hospitals & community services from across Manchester, Trafford & beyond, we champion collaborative working & transformation, encouraging our 28,000 workforce to pursue their most ambitious goals. We set standards that other Trusts seek to emulate so you'll benefit from a scale of opportunity that is nothing short of extraordinary.
We've also created a digitally enabled organisation to improve clinical quality, patient & staff experience, operational effectiveness & driving research and innovation through the introduction of Hive our brand-new Electronic Patient Record system which we've launched in September 2022.
We're proud to be a major academic Research Centre & Education provider, providing you with a robust infrastructure to encourage and facilitate high-quality research programmes. What's more, we're excited to be embarking on our new Green Plan which will set out how MFT continues to play its part in making healthcare more sustainable.At MFT, we create and foster a culture of inclusion and belonging, provide equal opportunities for career development that are fair, open and transparent, protecting your health and wellbeing and shaping the future of our organisation together.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To find out more about the key responsibilities and the specific skills and experience youll need, take a look at the Job Description & Person Specification attachments under the Supporting Documents heading. So that youre even more equipped to make an informed decision to apply to us, youll need to take time to read the Candidate Essentials Guide that sits with the Job Description and Person Specification. This document provides you with details about the Trust, our benefits and outlines how we care for you as you care for others. Most importantly, it also contains critical information youll need to be aware of before you submit an application form.
COVID-19 vaccination remains the best way to protect yourself, your family, your colleagues and of course patients from the virus when working in our healthcare settings. Whilst COVID-19 vaccination is not currently a condition of employment, we do encourage our staff to get vaccinated. If you are unvaccinated, there is helpful advice and information available by searching on the NHS England website where you can also find out more about how to access the vaccination. Diversity Matters
MFT is committed to promoting equality of opportunity, celebrating and valuing diversity and eliminating any form of unlawful discrimination across our workforce, ensuring our people are truly representative of the communities we serve. All individuals regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation are encouraged to apply for this post. As an inclusive employer, we are here to support you. If you have any special requirements to help you with your application, email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Were looking forward to hearing from you!Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- oBSc. Or MSc. in Dietetics or BSc. In relevant science plus Post Graduate Diploma or MSc in Dietetics
- oState registration via Health and Care Professions Council
Knowledge and ExperienceEssential
- Registered member of the British Dietetic Association
- Knowledge of dietetic assessment and treatment techniques
- Evidence of Continual Professional Development/Portfolio
- Experience of and commitment to interdisciplinary and multi-disciplinary team working
- Aware of the principles of audit, research, clinical effectiveness and evidence based practice
- Knowledge of local and national policies and procedures
- Critical Appraisal Skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Good organisational / planning / prioritisation skills
- Ability to motivate and negotiate to encourage reluctant and challenging patients
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Well developed concentration, analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to work autonomously with ability to seek guidance appropriately with individuals or in a group setting
- Ability to reflect and critically appraise own practise
- Effective written communication skills e.g. clinical records, reports to other health care professionals and external agencies
- Able to adapt to working in different specialities and different environments (e.g. hospital wards, outpatients)
- Personal qualities : empathy, flexibility, showing initiative, working within boundaries
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of measuring body composition (anthropometry
- Presentation skills
- Word processing and IT skills
Manchester University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Delaunays Road, Crumpsall, Manchester
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.