A brand new acute hospital, alongside transformed clinical services to provide the best care for patients and our communities - that is what is driving Sandwell and West Birmingham NHS Trust. To ensure the Midland Metropolitan University Hospital [MMUH], that will open in Spring 2024 is a success, we are building a high quality team, dedicated to the new hospital programme. This is a once in a career opportunity to play a significant role transforming clinical pathways, building a legacy of regeneration and creating #morethanahospital.
We are currently recruiting a Programme Manager to join our existing team of motivated and innovative staff within the MMUH Programme Company. The post holder will work with the Senior Project Managers and clinical leaderswho are leading on clinical and operational projects, focusing on the implementation of new clinical services into the MMUH. The post is Fixed Term for 18 months.
You must have current/recent experience in managing significant projects in a large complex acute health care environment with evidence of delivering quality and safety improvement and ensuring there is a strong governance framework supporting safe clinical practice.
As well as having the relevant experience you must be resilient, with a strong work ethic and the ability to build effective working relationships with multidisciplinary clinical colleagues.
If you think that you are ready for this exciting and challenging role, we want to hear from youMain duties of the job
- Support delivery of integrated complex projects
- Optimisation transformed services and achievement of best practice standards.
- Support performance delivery against national and local targets/key performance indicators/outcome measures.
- Leading/facilitating service redesign activities.
- Providing coaching to enable service redesign knowledge transfer for operational managers/speciality leads in Clinical Groups alongside the development of a continuous improvement culture.
- Developing a programme management approach to visually support progress and change.
- Aligning projects with other corporate teams to prevent duplication and repetition.
- The post holder will represent the Associate Delivery Director to feedback on transformational projects when required.
Sandwell and West Birmingham NHS Trust (SWBT) is an integrated careorganisation with a budget of approximately �600 million and over 7,000 staff. Diversity and social care is at the core of what we do as the Trust provides Community and Acute Services to over half a million people in an urban centre that demands massive regeneration and has substantial premature mortality.
Our new acute hospital, the Midland Metropolitan University Hospital (MMUH), opens in 2024 and will provide care to our local population from first class, purpose-built premises.As a result, the base of this role may change to MMUH from 2024 (or beyond). If this is applicable to your role, you will be informed during the recruitment process and continuing your application with this understanding.The development of the new hospital will play an important role in the regeneration of the wider area and in improving the lives of local people and reducing health inequalities.
We have three newly emerging strategic objectives: Our People - to cultivate and sustain happy, productive and engaged staff Our Patients - to be good or outstanding in everything we do Our Population - to work seamlessly with our partners to improve lives Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease see the attached Job Description and Person Specification for full details on what this role entails.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Educated to masters level or equivalent
- Professional/Clinical qualification (e.g. RGN, Allied Health Professional)
- Demonstrable expertise in the tools and techniques of service redesign and development
- Computer literate and competent in the use of excel, word, power point and databases
- Project Management e.g. Prince 2
- Multi professional working
- Programme management of complex programmes with track record of delivery
- Experience of partnership working with statutory agencies
Knowledge and ExperienceEssential
- Experience of working with service users and public agencies
- Strategic experience
- Senior operational management experience of clinical services
- Deep understanding of transformation change
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Expertise in the tools and techniques of service redesign and development
Sandwell and West Birmingham NHS TrustAddress
SWB NHS Trust
Dudley Road, Birmingham
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.