As a band 6 you will be over seeing the daily running of the acute service.
managing admissions, discharges and the flow of patience within the department,
be involved in data collection, KPIs and audits .
Health roster management.
Supporting the staff.Main duties of the job
A number of exciting opportunities have arisen in the Paediatric department for highly motivated, enthusiastic Senior Staff Nurses. Come and join our innovative team within the department. Due to a significant investment within the service, we will be looking to expand our existing services. As a Band 6 Senior Staff Nurse, our expectations are that you would work within the Acute ward and Day-care, prioritising patient care to ensure safe standards are maintained. This will ensure an effective and efficient service is provided to children and families in our locality. We also work in partnership with Great Ormond Street Hospital, providing continuing care both on the ward and in the community for seriously ill local children. We work closely with the community child development team to care for children with long-term disabling conditions.We are looking for highly motivated individuals with proven clinical expertise in paediatrics who can provide a high standard of professional care. The successful post holders will contribute to the successful achievement of the Trust corporate objectives, leading on clinical objectives, patient experience and staff satisfaction.It is an exciting and challenging role with many opportunities which have occurred with the changes within the Trust.About us
London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust (LNWH) cares for the people of Brent, Ealing, Harrow and beyond.
Our team of more than 8,200 clinical and support staff serve a diverse population of almost one million people.
We run major acute services at:
- Northwick Park Hospital: home to one of the busiest emergency departments (A& E) in the country. The hospital provides a full range of services including the country's top-rated hyper-acute stroke unit and one of only three hyper-acute rehabilitation units in the UK
- St Mark's Hospital: an internationally renowned specialist centre for bowel disease
- Ealing Hospital: a busy district general hospital providing a range of clinical services, as well as 24/7 emergency department and urgent care centre, and specialist care at Meadow House Hospice
- Central Middlesex Hospital: our planned care site, hosting a range of surgical and outpatient services and collocated with an urgent care centre.
We are a university teaching NHS trust, in recognition of the important role we play in training clinicians of the future and bringing the benefits of research to the public.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To view the main responsibility, please see the attached the Job Description and Person Specification.Person SpecificationEducation/ QualificationEssential
- RSCN/RN (Child)
- ENB 998/slice or demonstrable evidence of teaching abilities acquired through experience
- A& E qualification, training or experience
- Evidence of Leadership potential
- Demonstrates problem solving abilities
- Demonstrates ability to take responsibility for an aspect of ward/clinical unit management.
- Competence in extended role e.g. Canulation venepuncture
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Significant relevant clinical experience
- Shift management/coordinating experience
- Demonstrates clinical teaching ability
London North West University Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Northwick Park Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.