An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our friendly, close-knit team at Ipswich Hospital, we are looking for a Specialist Grade Dermatologist to be an integral part of the team.
The dermatology department across ESNEFT has an exceptional team who are keen to develop services under the leadership of consultant staff members. Indeed for the right applicant there is the potential to take on the exciting role of clinical lead across the service.
The job plan will be based on a 10 PA contract. Time will be allocated to support CESR.
We would like you to help us provide the best care and experience for the communities we serve in east Suffolk and north Essex. You can find out more about us on our website.
We are committed to being a great place to work, and great place to train and a great place to receive care. As a large organisation we offer exciting opportunities for development, innovation, research, education and training.
We have a simple philosophy: Time Matters. Time matters for our patients, their families and our staff. By focusing on time, we can remove unnecessary stress and frustration - giving our patients a better experience and to make sure you have more time to care and make the most of your skills.
There are opportunities for CESR support for candidates.Main duties of the job
All Specialist Grade doctors in the department have a continuing and individual responsibility for the care of patients in their charge and a general responsibility to provide, in conjunction with their colleagues, an effective Dermatology Service to meet the needs of the local population, within the resources available.About us
East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust (ESNEFT) provides hospital and community health care . We serve a wide geographical area with a population approaching 800,000 residents. We deliver care services from two main hospitals in Colchester and Ipswich, six community hospitals, high street clinics and in patients' own homes. We have nearly 10,000 staff, with an annual budget of over �650 million. We are the largest NHS organisation in the East Anglia.
We are building for better care with an exciting capital development programme across our sites - totalling �100million over the next five years.
We are building a new elective orthopaedic centre for ESNEFT at Colchester Hospital. It will be one of the biggest centres in the country and will ensure we can retain complex and low volume cases locally for the people we serve.
We are also now building a �7million specialist interventional radiology and cardiac angiography unit at Colchester.
At Ipswich we are investing �35million in a new Emergency Department and co-located Urgent Treatment Centre, with additional diagnostic imaging kit (MRI and CT). There's a �5.3million molecular diagnostic laboratory soon to open at Ipswich, and works begins soon for a new Breast Care Centre and a Children's Unit.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The post-holder will:
- Maintenance of the highest clinical standards in medical and surgical dermatology
- Provision of out-patient services in dermatology in Ipswich Hospital
- Sharing with colleagues the provision of dermatology advice to medical and surgical inpatients
- Working with colleagues, both medical and nursing, to improve and advance the dermatology service
- Sharing with colleagues the responsibility for the management of the Dermatology Department.
- Teaching and training of dermatology trainees, junior medical staff, nursing staff, primary care colleagues and medical students
- Actively participate in both departmental and Trust matters concerning clinical governance and audit
- Having responsibility for ensuring active participation in continuing professional development (CPD).
- Work with colleagues to provide the highest standard of care on both sites if required.
- Work with the multi-professional team to develop care pathways and clinical guidelines
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Full Registration with the General Medical Council
- Completion of 12 years Medical work since obtaining primary Medical Qualification
- Demonstrates the underpinning subject-specific competences i.e. knowledge, skills and behaviours relevant to the role setting and scope.
- Sufficient experience working in Dermatology
East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.