Looking for a rewarding career where you can make a difference and change lives for the better? The Community Health and Integrated Care Division at East Sussex Healthcare Trust have a number of exciting opportunities. This is a Triage Nurse post within the Community Nursing Teams.
Youwill support the Community Nursing teams in the delivery of an efficient and effective nursing service and will have responsibility for assessment of incoming referrals and planning care. Good communication skills are essential, along with the ability to work alone as well as part of a team.You will work closely with the multidisciplinary team and use clinical knowledge to direct the referral to another service if this would be more appropriate, such as NHS 111 or another community or primary care service.
Whilst this role is primarily office based, each triage nurse will be expected to undertake some direct clinical patient interventions and these will be agreed on an individual basis. You will be required to maintain current clinical and professional knowledge to ensure correct advice is given to patients and professionals.
If you are flexible and have the aspiration, capability & dedication, we can give you the support & opportunities to help you achieve your career goals.Main duties of the job
- To support the management of referrals from Health and Social Care Connect (HSCC) by applying clinical knowledge and experience of community nursing.
- To facilitate the provision of accurate and timely healthcare support to patients, based on clinical need.
- Work autonomously within a DN team, seeking clinical support when needed.
- Manage the duty phone and be a contact point for other professionals, eg hospice, hospital, GP, UCR, OT and PT and plan care as required for patients referred from these colleagues.
- Contact patients when required to discuss nursing needs and ensure all required equipment and consumables have been provided.
- Use IT systems to gather and document patient information
Whether you are looking for a new career or already work in healthcare through the NHS or private care, you'll receive training and join a team where you will be valued and supported, with career development opportunities available. It's a career that you can take pride in while enjoying the satisfaction of helping people and improving their quality of life. It's what delivering great healthcare should feel like.
You will have the opportunity to work in one of our Primary Care Network (PCN) Teams covering Bexhill or Eastbourne. We provide a seven day service to patients from 08.00-20.00 hours and offer a range of flexible working hours. You will need:
About usWe are proud to provide 'Outstanding' care and be a great place to work
- A positive, can-do attitude
- A flexible approach to care
- A willingness to learn
- Commitment to your own development
We provide safe, compassionate and high quality care to half a million people living or visiting East Sussex. We are one of the largest organisations in East Sussex, the only integrated provider of acute and community care in Sussex. Our extensive services are provided by 7000 + members of staff working from acute hospitals in Hastings and Eastbourne, three community hospitals in Bexhill, Rye and Uckfield, over 100 community sites and in people's own homes.
In 2020 the Care Quality Commission rated us as 'Good' overall, and 'Outstanding' for being caring and effective. The Conquest Hospital and our Community Services are rated 'Outstanding'. Eastbourne DGH rated 'Good'.
In 2020, the Trust launched its ambitious 'Building for our Future' programme. This once in a lifetime programme aims to repair, redevelop and expand our hospitals, transforming the environment in which we provide care for generations to come.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the job description attached.If you have any questions about this position please do not hesitate to contact us.Person SpecificationQualifications/TrainingEssential
- RN with current Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC) registration
- ENB 997/998, Learning through Mentorship module, or commitment to undertake
- Evidence of continuing professional development to degree level in a relevant area
- Supporting Learners in Practice course
- Experience of working as an autonomous nursing community practitioner
- Multi-disciplinary and multiagency working
- Teaching in a clinical setting
- Long Term Condition management
- Experience of supporting a team
- Experience of managing change and developing teams
- Awareness of Health & Safety issues. Commitment to undertake Health & Safety training
- Knowledge of professional codes, standards and Professional development
- Understanding of protocols for the administration of medicines
- Knowledge of Safeguarding and the principles of Adult & Child protection
- Knowledge of health education and promoting well-being
- An understanding of clinical governance
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Demonstrates a sound understanding of community developments and priorities locally and nationally
East Sussex Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Bexhill Health Centre
Bexhill on Sea
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.