SAS Psychiatry Doctor for Mental Health Liaison Team in Oldham (10 PAs)
The appointee will be highly supported in pursuing educational, management and leadership opportunities to influence the development of services in the borough and beyond. You can be instrumental in supporting and leading change.Main duties of the job
There is an opportunity as an SAS Psychiatrist within the Mental Health Liaison Team in Oldham paying 10 PAs. This post will support this exciting, dynamic and developing team within a fully supported environment ideal for development especially through the CESR route to become a consultant. Development in clinical, research, educational, management and leadership is strongly encouraged and reviewed with a full support package from the start.About us
The Psychiatry Department is fully staffed covering a range of specialties including CAMHS, Working Age, ID, Older Age, and Home Treatment Team.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached job description and person specification to support your application for this post. Please refer to the essential criteria in the person specification which will highlight the skills, knowledge and experience you will need to demonstrate in your application, by way of example, to give yourself the best opportunity to be shortlisted.Person SpecificationQUALIFICATIONSEssential
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification.
- Qualification or higher degree in medical education, clinical research or management.
- MRCPsych OR MRCPsych equivalent approved by the Royal College of Psychiatrists.
- Additional clinical qualifications
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment.
- Approved under S12 OR supported to become s12 approved within 4 months of appointment
- In good standing with GMC with respect to warning and conditions on practice
CLINICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EEssential
- Holds and will use valid UK driving licence OR provides evidence of proposed alternative.
ACADEMIC SKILLS & LIFELONG LEAEssential
- Excellent knowledge in specialty
- Excellent clinical skills using bio-psycho-social perspective and wide medical knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Able to manage clinical complexity and uncertainty
- Makes decisions based on evidence and experience including the contribution of others
- Able to meet duties under MHA and MCA
- Participated in continuous professional development
- Participated in research or service evaluation.
- Able to use and appraise clinical evidence
- Has actively participated in clinical audit.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to plan and deliver undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and training relevant to this post
- Reflected on purpose of CPD undertaken
- Experienced in clinical research and / or service evaluation.
- Evidence of achievement in education, research, audit and service improvement: awards, prizes, presentations and publications.
- Has led clinical audits leading to service change.
Pennine Care NHS FTAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.