Are you ready for a change? Are you a dynamic dietitian, with experience in Oncology and a desire to develop your leadership skills? If so, this exciting Dietetic Team Lead post in Head & Neck could be for you!
We are a friendly, energetic, and expanding dietetic department at North Manchester General Hospital. Areas of specialist expertise include Infectious Diseases, Maxillofacial Surgery and Orthopaedic trauma. We form part of a larger cross-Trust Dietetic Division alongside Manchester Royal Infirmary, Wythenshawe Hospital and Trafford General Hospital.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of an effective, high-quality dietetic service for patients with Head & Neck Cancer, at North Manchester General Hospital.
You will work as an integral part of the multidisciplinary team, participating or leading on improvement initiatives, clinical audits, and other clinical governance activities. Alongside the Operational & Professional Dietetic Lead and the Critical Care Dietetic Team Lead, you will co-ordinate pre-registration placements and support professional development of post graduate dietitians including during the preceptorship period.
Your own knowledge and skill progression are also extremely valued, and the department actively encourages CPD activities and personal development.
Enthusiasm, compassion, advanced communication skills, and team working skills are essential along with a sound knowledge of nutrition support and surgery.Main duties of the job
To lead specialist dietetic team in providing an effective specialised dietetic service for patients within Head & Neck Cancer.
To have a responsibility to line manage and supervise a team of dietitians and assistants.
To act as a source of expertise and support to other dietitians and other healthcare professionals including medical staff, AHPs, Pharmacists, Nursing staff.
As a highly experienced autonomous practitioner to assess, request diagnostic tests and treat patients within his/her own case load of in and/or out-patients.
To provide education and training to doctors, nursing staff, dietitians, students and others as appropriate to the role.
To be responsible for developing and co-ordinating dietetic student placement programmes.
To drive local policy development in relation to clinical specialty.
BSc. Or MSc. in Dietetics OR
BSc. In relevant science plus Post Graduate Diploma or MSc in Dietetics
State registration via Health & Care Professions CouncilAbout us
MFT is England's largest NHS Trust with a turnover of �2.5bn & is on a different scale than most other NHS Trusts. We're creating an exceptional integrated health & social care system for the 1 million patients who rely on our services every year.
Bringing together 10 hospitals & community services from across Manchester, Trafford & beyond, we champion collaborative working & transformation, encouraging our 28,000 workforce to pursue their most ambitious goals. We set standards that other Trusts seek to emulate so you'll benefit from a scale of opportunity that is nothing short of extraordinary.
We've also created a digitally enabled organisation to improve clinical quality, patient & staff experience, operational effectiveness & driving research and innovation through the introduction of Hive our brand-new Electronic Patient Record system which we've launched in September 2022.
We're proud to be a major academic Research Centre & Education provider, providing you with a robust infrastructure to encourage and facilitate high-quality research programmes. What's more, we're excited to be embarking on our new Green Plan which will set out how MFT continues to play its part in making healthcare more sustainable.At MFT, we create and foster a culture of inclusion and belonging, provide equal opportunities for career development that are fair, open and transparent, protecting your health and wellbeing and shaping the future of our organisation together.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To find out more about the key responsibilities and the specific skills and experience youll need, take a look at the Job Description & Person Specification attachments under the Supporting Documents heading. So that youre even more equipped to make an informed decision to apply to us, youll need to take time to read the Candidate Essentials Guide that sits with the Job Description and Person Specification. This document provides you with details about the Trust, our benefits and outlines how we care for you as you care for others. Most importantly, it also contains critical information youll need to be aware of before you submit an application form.
COVID-19 vaccination remains the best way to protect yourself, your family, your colleagues and of course patients from the virus when working in our healthcare settings. Whilst COVID-19 vaccination is not currently a condition of employment, we do encourage our staff to get vaccinated. If you are unvaccinated, there is helpful advice and information available by searching on the NHS England website where you can also find out more about how to access the vaccination. Diversity Matters
MFT is committed to promoting equality of opportunity, celebrating and valuing diversity and eliminating any form of unlawful discrimination across our workforce, ensuring our people are truly representative of the communities we serve. All individuals regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation are encouraged to apply for this post. As an inclusive employer, we are here to support you. If you have any special requirements to help you with your application, email our team at email@example.com.
Were looking forward to hearing from you!Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- BSc (Hons) or post graduate Diploma in Dietetics.
- Current registration with HCPC.
- Completion of validated/nationally recognised post-graduate training or equivalent in specialist area.
- Clinical Educators Course.
- Completion of a post-graduate management/leadership course.
- Teaching qualification.
- Member of relevant clinical specialist interest group.
- Current membership of the British Dietetic Association.
- Post graduate dietetic experience in a variety of clinical specialities.
- Relevant Band 6 experience.
- In-depth knowledge of nutrition support, including complex enteral and parenteral feeding regimes and the requirements of oncology & cachexic patients.
- Experience in a clinical supervisory role, providing support and guidance to junior members of staff and students
- Evidence of contribution to service improvement.
- Evidence of CPD to comply with HCPC requirements for registration.
- Experience of policy and/or protocol development.
- Experience in development and delivery of teaching and learning programmes at under- and post-graduate level.
- Evidence of successful change management.
- Experience of audit
skills and abilitiesEssential
- Experience of managing a team including recruitment, selection, and appraisal
- Clinical research experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with people from a wide variety of backgrounds, ages, and settings.
- Presentation skills to demonstrate effective and efficient work.
- Evidence of effective working with MDT and multi-agency teams.
- Accurate anthropometric measuring skills.
- Competency in IT Office programmes and dietary analysis software.
- Well developed behaviour change and counselling skills.
- Evidence of presentations/lectures
- Detailed knowledge of clinical governance
- Knowledge of current NHS trends which influence service provision.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Effective team player.
- Able to deal with distressed clients, relatives, or staff.
- Able to deal with occasional personnel problems and complaints.
Manchester University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
North Manchester General Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.