Advert: Bedfordshire Talking Therapies - East London NHS Foundation Trust Job Title: Relational Team Leader Band: 8a WTE: 1.00 wte Secondment - 12 months
If you are a Relational Therapist or Clinical / Counselling Psychologist who is accredited and has extensive experience of delivering interventions within a Talking Therapies service and has an interest in developing Relational Groups then we are looking for you!
We are looking for a Team Leader who will work alongside our other Team Leaders you will report into and be supported by the Deputy Clinical Leads and Clinical Lead. You will hold a clinical caseload of step three presentations to whom individual and group treatments are provided. Clinical and case management supervision of clinicians will be an integral part of the job. Monitoring performance against KPI targets at the individual clinical level and the service level will also form part of your role. You will also be given specific projects to run and co-ordinate.
You will be expected to be able to travel and work across the county and work one late evening.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the team, your ideas and creativity would be welcome in contributing to the development of an effective and innovative service which meets the needs of the local diverse community.Main duties of the job
- Conduct comprehensive assessments via the telephone and face to face, working with interpreters when required, adhering to the department's referral protocols and dispersing patients onto the relevant partner agencies, back to the referral agent, secondary care mental health services & social care agencies, as necessary.
- Conduct risk assessments, prepare risk management plans and initiate appropriate action where indicated (including requests for mental health act assessments and referrals to relevant secondary care services, safe guarding etc).
Bedfordshire Talking Therapies (BTT) is an expanding Talking Therapies service. The service offers low and high intensity interventions in individual, couple and group formats. We are looking forward to an experienced Relational therapist/Psychologist/Talking Therapies compliant therapist to join our creative Management Team.
Bedfordshire Talking Therapies is one of the three Talking Therapies services run and administered by East London NHS Foundation Trust, the others being Newham Talking Therapies and Tower Hamlets Talking Therapies. The Talking Therapies services are located organisationally in the Specialist Services Directorate and work together on joint projects.Job descriptionJob responsibilities To be a Team Leader and offer Line Management, Case Management and Clinical Supervision to therapists in the service. To work clinically as a therapist offering Therapy in groups or individually. To be a part of the relational pathway and support in the development of relational groups within the service including supervision for relational groups. Person SpecificationEducation/ Qualification/ TrainingEssential
- oTalking Therapies Compliant Relational Therapy qualification
- oOR HCPC registered Counselling or Clinical Psychologist or another Talking Therapies compliant Therapy
- oRelevant registration and accreditation status
Knowledge and SkillsEssential
- oWork as an experienced psychologist/psychotherapist with advanced skills in at least one Psychological therapy modality.
- oExperience of providing an autonomous clinical service to a diverse population.
- oExperience in managing and delivering to the expected performance targets.
- oExcellence and experience in IT and diary management that support own and the service's clinical resources.
- oExcellent reporting and presentation skills.
- oAble to provide & receive complex, sensitive or contentious information.
- oAble to use highly specialist skills of empathy to overcome barriers to understanding and acceptance.
- oAble to build good working relationships with other professionals.
- oAble to arrive at appropriate formulations.
- oAble to compare and select from a range of treatment options, based on formulation
- oAble to provide both brief and longer-term therapeutic interventions.
- oAble to provide an appropriate clinical service to a diverse population.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oAble to work to professional guidelines.
- oMust be capable of accountability for own work, of autonomous clinical practice, of being guided by precedent and of working towards defined results.
East London NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Gilbert Hitchcock House
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.