Community Sister/Charge Nurse -37.5 hours per week
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our multidisciplinary community team as a Community Sister/ Charge Nurse in CHAMP Chichester PCN . This includes coordinating and delegating individual patient care by working across boundaries within secondary and social care settings. The role is that of a caseload holder, providing clinical case management for patients with complex health needs who are at risk of deterioration which may result in declining quality of life, avoidable hospital admissions, or an unnecessary length of hospital stay.Main duties of the job
Community Sister/Charge Nurse
Some of your main duties will include (but not exclusive to)
a) In conjunction with other key professionals you will be accountable for a patient caseload and delegate responsibility to other professionals within the multidisciplinary team.
b) To apply advanced assessment of physical, mental and social care needs to provide clinical care and health promoting interventions that help avoidunnecessary hospital admission.
c) To interpret clinical signs and symptoms and diagnostic tests in order todevelop a treatment plan and /or treatment in conjunction with medicalpractitioners as appropriate. Provide advanced clinical advice to the widerhealthcare team to improve outcomes of patient care.
d) Enable patients to be as independent as possible facilitating a range of self management strategies.
e) Ability to develop and analyse audit, interpret data and use findings toenhance clinical practice. Please see the attached job description for full details. About us
Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust (SCFT) is the largest community healthcare provider in Sussex.
- Over 8,400 full time, part time and bank staff members
- Medical, nursing and therapeutic care provided to over 10,000 children and adults a day
- July 2018 Care Quality Commission (CQC) rating of 'Good' with 'Outstanding' features
- Flexible working patterns offered across all services
- Thriving BAME, Disability and Wellbeing, LGBT+ and Religion and Belief staff networks
- Accredited Level 3 Disability Confident Leader
SCFT is an inclusive employer that promotes equality and challenges discrimination, and welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds. Applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, disabled candidates and LGBT+ candidates are particularly encouraged, to ensure the Trust's workforce reflects the diverse communities it serves.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Some of your key responsibilities will include (but not exclusive to)
- To case manage a designated caseload of patients and manage / delegate the delivery of care by the integrated team
- To support the team leader and clinical lead in the processes for providing, monitoring and improving the quality of care provided to patients. This includes risk management, complying with and contributing to CQC requirements and clinical audit.
- To have oversight of all clinical areas, facilitating junior staff to lead on specific areas.
- To deputise for the Clinical Nurse Lead as and when necessary. To assist in the recruitment of staff, appraisal process, risk assessment process, complaints and the performance management process.
- To provide clinical supervision / peer review including active clinicalleadership and mentorship to junior colleagues.
- To be aware of the Trust financial position and the implication on service delivery. To be aware of the cost of equipment/ supplies used and to meet the needs of the patient and service in a cost effective way. Including overseeing the management of clinical stock and maintenance of equipment in accordance with Trust policy.
- To review role in practice and participate in appraisal process to identify development needs and agree realistic personal development plans.
- To act as a practice assessor for staff and student
- Registered General Nurse
- ENB 998/Mentorship Qualification
- Post registration study
Skills and KnowledgeEssential
- minimum 2 years community experience
- 4 years post registration experience
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Range of clinical skills suitable to community
Sussex Community NHS Foundation TrustAddress
1st Floor Southern Gate
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.