An exciting opportunity has arisen within Maternity, for a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our friendly, professional Governance Team.
This post offers the opportunity to work in a challenging and changing environment while gaining wide experience across the governance agenda by supporting the directorate (s) in all aspects of safety, incidents, complaints, risk and governance issues, and improving patient care and experience through analysing risk, trending incidents, identifying areas for learning and sharing good practice.
Educated to degree level (or equivalent experience) and ideally with a background from a governance related area, you will be committed to improve standards of quality.
The post holder will have good knowledge and understanding of Governance in a healthcare setting and will have responsibility of facilitating all aspects of the Governance process.
Attention to detail is a critical element of the role and therefore we are looking to recruit a person who will be highly organised and able to work within tight deadlines whilst managing competing priorities.
You will be required to be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office with the ability to produce high quality reports.
This is a 37.5-hour post based at the Royal Albert Edward Infirmary but may require working across all sites.
No on call duty required .Main duties of the job
The Governance Facilitator supports the systems and processes that underpin all aspects of quality, patient experience, safety and risk management in the Directorate of Women & Children's Services including but not limited to the following:
- Maternity Incentive Scheme Administrative Support
- Provide PA support to the Director of Midwifery and Childrens Services and Deputy Director of midwifery and Childrens Services
- Provide Administrative support for Guideline management and control within Maternity Services.
- Provide Administrative Support for the Audit Process within Maternity Services.
- Provide administrative support for external reviews and inspections such as CQC. And Ockenden.
- Provide the administrative support for the Directorate Education Panel
Candidates must be able to communicate effectively with staff at all levels within the organisation, and passionate about promoting a safe, effective experience for our patients and improving quality outcomes.About usChoose Well - Choose WWL
Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust are the proud providers of acute hospital and community services to the people of the Wigan Borough and surrounding areas. At WWL, we value our staff believing that 'happy staff, makes for happy patients'. We have a recognised track record in staff engagement, and living our values 'the WWL Way'.
WWL are committed to placing the patient at the heart of everything we do, and in the provision of safe, effective care that acknowledges and ensures dignity. With this in mind we are seeking to recruit people who share our values and beliefs.
Please note that senior positions (AFC band 8A or above) may be expected to participate in an on-call rota, if the role is predominantly operational.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
please see attached job description for more details. Duties and Responsibilities Key results from the job holder
- To collate and present data to support and maintain patient Quality and safety.
- Provide administrative support to the Senior management team leading on the Maternity Incentive Scheme
- Provide administrative support to the Senior management team leading on the Saving Babies care Bundle V3
- To provide administrative support in managing the pregnancy loss Data Base
- To support the NICE Guidance Co-ordinator in relation to the implementation of NICE Guidance, Technology Appraisals and clinical guidelines within designated clinical teams
- To support the Quality and Safety midwife in regard to Audit and Guideline administration
- To be responsible for the monitoring of divisional policies and to support individual authors in ensuring new or reviewed polices taken through the appropriate approval process in accordance with Trust policy
- To collate, accurately analyse and present data to support and maintain effective service delivery through themes and trends reporting and escalation.
- Flexible and positive approach to work.
- Professional integrity
- Digression within role and the team.
- Professional calm and efficient
Knowledge and SkillsEssential
- Speak English to an appropriate standard relevant to their role, i.e. with confidence and accuracy, using correct sentence structures and vocabulary, and without hesitation
- IT Skills - working with a knowledge of spreadsheets and databases
- Analytical and Judgemental skills
- Experience of minute taking and agenda preparation
- Experience of working and communicating effectively building interpersonal relationships
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to maintain and improve standards of care
- Ability to interpret highly complex and sensitive data and present to all levels of staff
- Ability to prioritise workload effectively.
- Can meet deadlines within allotted time frames.
- Proficient computer Skills
- Able to use Microsoft Office software.
- Works well within a team.
- Able to manage own workload
- Clinical audit/research methodology.
- Medical terminology
- Sensible initiative taker
- Experience of working on own and as a member of a team.
- Experience of working within a health care setting
- Experience of working within health care administration IT systems
- Experience of using EPR and Euroking
- Experience within a governance related area
- Experience of working with sensitive/confidential information
- Evidence of GSCE level or equivalent
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of any further training
Wrightington Wigan & Leigh Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal Albert Edward Infirmary
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.