As a nurse you will be responsible for the assessment of care needs and the development and/or implementation and evaluation of programmes of care.You will be expected to carry out all relevant forms of care without direct supervision maintaining a high standard of nursing care within the framework of Trust policies and in accordance to guidelines as laid down by the NMC. You will be responsible for looking after patients who were diagnosed with a stroke and require close neurological monitoring you will be expected to assist them with their personal needs you will be expected to deliver their medications according to their diet and work within a very experienced multidisciplinary team.Main duties of the job
- Acts at all times in accordance with the NMC Code of Conduct, and within the principles of the scope of Professional Practice and ensures other members of the team also work within these.
- Maintain professional working relationships with all members of the cardiac team and effectively contribute to the team's continual development.
- Provide nursing assistance to the Medical Team during procedures and investigations
- Undertakes the nursing assessment of the patient including risk assessments e.g. Tissue viability, moving and handling and nutrition
- Devise a plan of nursing care based in the nursing assessment, taking into account the medical prescription
- Ensures planned nursing care is delivered safely and effectively taking into account the views of the patient and their relatives.
- Advise on health promotion and the prevention of illness.
- Ensures plans of care for patients are written and updated as appropriate.
Listen to why colleagues think we are a great place to work! - https://bit.ly/3DNEQfD
What does Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust offer you?
As part of our BHT family, youll benefit from learning and development opportunities to support your career progression.
We offer flexible and agile working opportunities, alongside your NHS benefits of generous annual leave entitlement, pension and access to NHS discount schemes.
We provide a range of health and wellbeing services to promote a healthy, happy workforce.
Why work for us?
Were committed to promoting inclusion and making sure all colleagues feel they belong. We encourage new colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
As an employer, we aim to create a workplace where differences are valued and colleagues treat one another with dignity and respect.
Greater diversity within our BHT family improves positive outcomes for the people and communities we serve.
A keen supporter of the Armed Forces Community who know the value of employing a service leaver/veteran and their families.
What do we stand for?
Our vision is to provide outstanding care, support healthy communities and be a great place to work.
Our mission is to provide personal and compassionate care every time.
Our CARE values are collaborate, aspire, respect and enable.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For a comprehensive list of responsibilities and duties, please kindly refer to the Job Description and Person Specification by downloading the JD and PS attachment in the advert.
If you are an internal applicant there is the option for secondment, all applicants must have the endorsement/support of their line manager prior to application.
If you have a disability that makes submitting this online application difficult and would like assistance, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the vacancy reference number.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- must hold current NMC registration
- Evidence of continued professional development
- Post-registration qualification in specialist area
- Teaching And assessing or Mentorship qualification
- First Line Management Course
- Previous acute setting experience
- Previous work related experience in stroke
- Demonstrates an understanding of the National agenda for the speciality, knowledge of quality standards, NICE Guidance, CQC, and best practice
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to work as part of as a team and on own initiative
- Ability to write detailed reports on patients' care to ensure interpretation by other members of the multi-disciplined team for complete and safe care of the patient.
- Ability to work required shift pattern
Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Queens Alexandra Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.