MPFT are delighted to invite a HCPC registered Dietitian or Clinical Nutritionist to apply for this new Catering Dietitian/Nutritionist leadership role to support the next implementation phase of the Trust's Food and Drink Strategy. This is a corporate Trust wide role embedded across Allied Health Professions, Nursing and Quality and Facilities and Estates.
You will be based at St Georges hospital Stafford, but the role is Trust wide with the opportunity for blended working including working from homeMain duties of the job
- To clinically lead the nutritional adequacy of the catering provision against the British Dietetic Association Nutrition and Hydration Digest Standards to in-patients at all bedded sites within the Trust.
- To identify, lead and carry out regular audits or research into this specialist area.
- To act as an expert resource on catering, nutrition and diet therapy and provide clinical leadership to other dietitians and health care professionals on nutrition and dietetic catering matters.
- To manage and lead the organisation and implementation of specialised dietary provision (food, beverages and non-prescribable nutrition support products). This will involve working with catering, dietetics, facilities, nursing, speech and language therapy and external contracted and non-contracted suppliers.
- To support and provide leadership for hospital ward-based nutrition champions in collaboration with the Trusts Nutrition and Effectiveness Group members.
- Lead strategic planning and service development in the nutritional aspects of catering for the Trust, ensuring innovation and flexibility within the catering system to realise the Trust's Hospital Food and Drink Strategy in line with other Trust Strategies such as the Trust's Green Plan, national priorities, and standards.
By joining Team MPFT, you will be helping your communities and in return for this, we will support you by.
- Supporting your career development and progression
- Excellent NHS Pension scheme
- Generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Options for flexible working
- Up to 27 days annual leave (increasing with service up to 33 days) and the opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Extensive Health and Wellbeing support and resources
- If you work in our community teams, we pay for your time travelling between patients
- Lease car if you complete more than 500 business miles per annum, fully insured and maintained (including tyres), mileage paid at lease car rate
- Salary sacrifice car - fully insured and maintained (including tyres), your gross pay is reduced by the cost of the vehicle before tax, NI and pension deductions are calculated, milage paid at business rates
- Salary sacrifice bikes up to �2k
- Free car parking at all trust sites
- Free flu vaccinations every year
- Citizens Advice support linked with a Hardship Fund for one off additional support up to �250 (if the criteria is met)
And more. We are proud to be a diverse and inclusive organisation and there is a choice of staff networks that help you meet like-minded people.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To lead the digital nutritional transformation of the Trusts inpatient menu provision to realise the vision and objectives set out within the Trusts Food and Drink Strategy.
To have a wide clinical understanding of various specialist patient groups supported in Trust in order to ensure menu options are appropriate to meet dietary requirements, identifying, involving and liaising with the relevant stakeholders regarding gaps in catering provision and communicating available menus and support options.
To work seamlessly with the clinical Dietitians to enable representation of dietetics at relevant strategy and working party groups.
To take a lead role and provide an expert opinion, planning and management of highly specialist complex and combination therapeutic diets offered across the Trusts in patient menus.Person SpecificationBSc/MSc Nutrition and Dietetics or equivalentEssential Member of British Diabetic AssocDesirable EssentialEssential
- BSc/MSc Nutrition and Dietetics or equivalent
- Current HCPC Registration or Nutrition Register
- Post graduate experience of working in a health/social care setting
- Experience of developing and delivering training in a variety of staff and student groups
- Ability to work as a team member and promote collaborative, multidisciplinary/ multi agency working
- Experience of conducting audits and/or research including the ability to analyse and interpret statistics
- Experience/awareness of working in a multicultural population
- Experience in project management, leadership/change management
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills for developing complex working relationships, expressing opinions constructively, seeing consensus and maintaining networks
- Excellent organisational, time management and prioritisation skills including the ability to prioritise competing projects and tasks across site working
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision and recognise when issues need to be raised at a higher level
- Ability to use, or quick to learn various clinical IT systems in addition to the Microsoft office suite
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Enthusiasm for improving nutritional care for patients
- Able to demonstrate commitment to Trust Values and Behaviours
Current HCPC Registration or Nutrition RegisterEssential BSc/MSc Nutrition and Dietetics or equivalentEssential Employer detailsEmployer name
- Relevant Post Graduate Qualifications
- BDA course in recipe analysis
- knowledge of and ability to interpret catering related health policy/guidelines
- Member of the British Dietetic Association
- Member of relevant specialist interest group/s
Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
St Georges hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.