An exciting opportunity has arisen for a maternity cover post on the Acute Cardiac Unit, a busy and dynamic 14 bedded unit comprising of 8 centrally monitored and 6 telemetry beds. Our remit is wide and expanding, covering Primary PCI, Myocardial Infarction, heart failure, pacing and arrhythmia management.
The Acute Cardiac Unit is currently looking for a Band 5 staff nurse to join our friendly team in delivering high quality and patient-centered care. You will need to be hard working, keen to develop and be able to work as part of a team in a pressured environment. In return we provide a supportive working and learning environment and will encourage you in your personal and professional development.
Applicants must be able to work a flexible shift pattern including day and night shifts.Main duties of the job
Experience in an acute setting would be a real advantage as would rhythm recognition skills and an in-date IILS certification. Training and mentorship support will be available for the right applicant.
The post holder will be responsible for the delivery of high quality care to a defined patient group either within the acute hospital or community based setting. They are responsible for the assessment, development, delivery and evaluation of evidence based individualised patient care within the boundaries of their role.
The post holder will contribute to the continuing development of standards of care including developments of nursing standards and monitoring of outcomes. The post holder will be expected to continue with their own professional development.About us
Our STAR values are at the heart of everything we do. You can expect to see them in the way we act and the way we treat each other. Our values make us who we are.
Service - We will put our patients first
Teamwork - We will work together
Ambition - We will aspire to provide the best service
Respect - We will act with integrityJob descriptionJob responsibilities
1. Plan, deliver and evaluate compassionate nursing care to meet the patients individualised needs.2. Ensure the highest standards of care and safety are maintained.3. To be responsible for the assessment of individual patients using the appropriate programme/models of care and ensuring co-ordination and implementation of the discharge assessment process and appropriate multi-disciplinary referrals.4. Responsible for the safe custody and administration of medicines, using a range of routes (once competency achieved) within the NMC Standards for Administration of Medicines and adhering to localpolicy.5. To support the nurse in charge with the day to day planning, the delivery of a high quality nursing service and the continuous improvement of that service.6. Promote patient involvement in care planning, Implementing and sustaining communication systems to keep patients and their relatives/families informed of treatment and progress7. To ensure effective communication is achieved and maintained of sensitive information, with regard to the patient assessments and clinical details.8. To act as a role model, ensuring high quality, professional standards are maintained and delivered at all times.9. To document observations, results, decisions and actions etc effectively in patients notes and communicate these effectively to appropriate members of the multidisciplinary team and as appropriate, to carers.10. Provide legible and comprehensive patient records to agreed Trust and NMC standards and guidelines11. Assess patients suitability for discharge following medical review and instigate discharge planning arrangements. Liaise with multidisciplinary teams as appropriate to assist in complex dischargeplanning.12. To develop and maintain effective communication links with all levels of staff within the Trust and external agencies.13. To participate in the audit cycle of clinical practices and procedures including infection prevention & control initiatives14. To participate in quality account initiates such as Productive Ward Project, Essence of Care Benchmarking15. Assist in the monitoring and protecting of groups and individuals whose health and well-being may be at risk e.g.: vulnerable adults.16. To participate and contribute appropriately in research, service modernisation, clinical governance and National Service Frameworks.17. To be responsible for developing and sustaining own knowledge, clinical skills and professional awareness in accordance with PREP requirements and to maintain a professional portfolio withevidence of reflective practice.18. Actively encourage service users & carers for feedback and work with ward/dept team to develop action plans to address issues.19. To promote best practice and monitor support workers practice.20. To assist in the orientation and support of new staff and students to the unit, working together as a team.21. To act as a role model and promote the Trusts STAR values.
Other Factors-Ensure own compliance with mandatory training and PREP requirements-Maintain active status on NMC Register-Act in accordance with NMC Code Of Conduct and guiding documents-Maintain a professional portfolio-Ensure that the correct methods of moving / manual handling of patients and equipment is utilised.-Ability to deal with distressed patients / clients on a regular basisPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- First Level Registered Nurse
- Current/live registration with the Nursing Midwifery Council
- Diploma/Degree qualification
- Teaching/Assessor Qualification e.g. ENB 998 or equivalent
- Qualification /Experience in teaching and assessing
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- I.T. Literate.
- Ability to document details clearly and accurately
- Ability to prioritise and organise own workload
Knowledge and SkillsEssential
- An understanding of the structure for the delivery for primary health care services
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Recent experience nursing patients in an acute / community setting or recently completed a Return To Nursing course
- Working within a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Experience within a range of patient/client care groups
- Evidence of continuing professional development.
- Further qualifications relevant to the role
Great Western Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Great Western Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.