Permanent- Job Share/Part Time 18.75 Hours per week
The post holder will work within an established, supportive and community consultant led Palliative Care team to achieve the most appropriate outcomes for the patients on the caseload.
Assess the palliative care needs of patients with life limiting illness approaching the end of their life, clinically reason problem lists and physiotherapy treatment plans in coordination with the patient and family. Taking into account risk, safety, choice and independence.
Advanced clinical reasoning and activity analysis skills will be used to grade interventions to achieve therapeutic goals to meet people's broader therapy needs e.g. facilitating maintenance of participation in leisure activities.
To monitor, evaluate and modify interventions in order to measure progress and outcomes to ensure effectiveness of intervention.
Provide palliative care to enhance the quality of life for patients and carers with any life limiting illness requiring palliative care, including complex physical, psychological and emotional needs. This includes education of other health care professionals, training, support and advice for the multidisciplinary team.
Complete Holistic Needs Assessments as part of patient assessments.
The therapist will be expected to triage all referrals.
Close Main duties of the job
Assess the palliative care needs of patients with life limiting illness approaching the end of their life, clinically reason problem lists and physiotherapy treatment plans in coordination with the patient and family.
Advanced clinical reasoning and activity analysis will be used to grade interventions to achieve therapeutic goals to meet peoples broader therapy needs e.g. facilitating maintenance of participation in leisure activities. To monitor, evaluate and modify interventions in order to measure progress and outcomes to ensure effectiveness of intervention.
Provide palliative care to enhance the quality of life for patients and carers with any life limiting illness requiring palliative care, including complex physical, psychological and emotional needs. This includes education of other health care professionals, training, support and advice for the Macmillan multidisciplinary team. About us
MFT is England's largest NHS Trust with a turnover of �2.5bn & is on a different scale than most other NHS Trusts. We're creating an exceptional integrated health & social care system for the 1 million patients who rely on our services every year.
Bringing together 10 hospitals & community services from across Manchester, Trafford & beyond, we champion collaborative working & transformation, encouraging our 28,000 workforce to pursue their most ambitious goals. We set standards that other Trusts seek to emulate so you'll benefit from a scale of opportunity that is nothing short of extraordinary.
We've also created a digitally enabled organisation to improve clinical quality, patient & staff experience, operational effectiveness & driving research and innovation through the introduction of Hive our brand-new Electronic Patient Record system which we've launched in September 2022.
We're proud to be a major academic Research Centre & Education provider, providing you with a robust infrastructure to encourage and facilitate high-quality research programmes. What's more, we're excited to be embarking on our new Green Plan which will set out how MFT continues to play its part in making healthcare more sustainable.At MFT, we create and foster a culture of inclusion and belonging, provide equal opportunities for career development that are fair, open and transparent, protecting your health and wellbeing and shaping the future of our organisation together.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To find out more about the key responsibilities and the specific skills and experience youll need, take a look at the Job Description & Person Specification attachments under the Supporting Documents heading. So that youre even more equipped to make an informed decision to apply to us, youll need to take time to read the Candidate Essentials Guide that sits with the Job Description and Person Specification. This document provides you with details about the Trust, our benefits and outlines how we care for you as you care for others. Most importantly, it also contains critical information youll need to be aware of before you submit an application form.
COVID-19 vaccination remains the best way to protect yourself, your family, your colleagues and of course patients from the virus when working in our healthcare settings. Whilst COVID-19 vaccination is not currently a condition of employment, we do encourage our staff to get vaccinated. If you are unvaccinated, there is helpful advice and information available by searching on the NHS England website where you can also find out more about how to access the vaccination. Diversity Matters
MFT is committed to promoting equality of opportunity, celebrating and valuing diversity and eliminating any form of unlawful discrimination across our workforce, ensuring our people are truly representative of the communities we serve. All individuals regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation are encouraged to apply for this post. As an inclusive employer, we are here to support you. If you have any special requirements to help you with your application, email our team at email@example.com.
Were looking forward to hearing from you!Person SpecificationEssential and DesirableEssential
- Qualified to practice as a physiotherapist within the NHS.
- Post graduate qualifications and experience to Master's level.
- Current registration with Health and Care Professions Council
- Relevant post graduate training required to underpin clinical practice in the required area that the Senior Practitioner will be required to work.
- Significant experience at a senior level of clinical practice in the speciality
- Evidence of managing a clinical of patients with complex clinical needs.
- Able to demonstrate clinical practice at a senior level
- Experience of managing / leading a team
- Proven clinical leadership
- Evidence of post registration development relevant to the post
- Awareness of recent government policies and directives and the implications for community service delivery both health & social care
- Knowledge of other non-statutory agencies working in the community
- Knowledge of relevant governance systems and their influence on current practice
- Ability to manage own caseload and resources effectively
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to review and audit current practice and implement appropriate change
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to interpret complex clinical facts and situations
- Ability to prioritise workload for self and team
- Evidence of development of own skills within the scope of professional practice
- Evidence of innovative thoughts and actions
- Excellent assessment skills
- Ability to maintain accurate and contemporaneous records on all systems
- Ability to work in a multi- disciplinary partnership including 3rd sector organisations
- Excellent IT skills with knowledge of and able to utilise: - Word, Outlook, Excel, and organisational information systems i.e. EMIS & Liquid logic.
- As this is an essential car user post (community only). Use of a car or access to a means of mobility.
- Willing to carry out all duties and responsibilities of the post in accordance with the Trust's Equal Opportunities and Equality and Diversity policies
- Appointments to regulated and controlled activities require an enhanced CRB disclosure and registration with the Independent Safeguarding Authority (ISA), Vetting and Barring Scheme.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Postgraduate Qualifications relevant to the clinical area of expertise.
- Management /Leadership Qualification
- Masters qualification
- Specialist training in relevant area
- Experience of undertaking Clinical Audit and Standard setting
Manchester University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
3 Graham Street
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.