The post holder will be an integral part of an onsite team responsible for the daily operation, support, backup and management of the Trust's voice network and its integration with the Trust's data network.
The Telecoms team is responsible for the continued development, planning, installation and maintenance of the Trust's voice network, ensuring it aligns with the Digital Communications strategy and supports UHBW's business strategy, as the Trust moves toward a unified communications platform.
The post holder will require a methodical and coordinated response to fault-finding and reporting, while providing solutions to ensure the maintenance of critical services in the event of system failure.Main duties of the job
The post holder will be required to play an important role in providing cost-effective solutions to maintaining the telecommunications infrastructure throughout the various sites that UHBW comprises.
The post holder will need to communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels throughout the Trust. They will be required to explain technical solutions, systems and processes to users from both technical and non-technical backgrounds.
The post holder will participate in an on call rota in order to facilitate the support of the Trust's core telecoms systems outside of normal working hours.About us
University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust (UHBW) is one of the largest acute Trusts in the country, bringing together a combined workforce of over 13,000 staff and over 100 different clinical services across 10 different sites, serving a core population of more than 500,000 people across South West England. UHBW has been rated by the CQC as 'Good' overall and our staff are proud to deliver excellent care to the people of Bristol, Weston and beyond. As a forward-thinking multi-award winning Trust and a digital exemplar committed to improving patient care, our world-leading research and innovations are having a positive local and global impact. Our hospitals are spread across Bristol and Weston, join us and you can enjoy the very best of both worlds city living within a stone's throw of the countryside or beside the seaside, both with easy access to all that the South West has to offer. UHBW is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. As an equal opportunities employer actively working towards a diverse workforce we aim to recruit and retain a workforce which represents the rich diversity of the local population at all levels and are committed to designing our services around the needs of individual patients and those around them. Anonymous information will be used from your application in order to ensure we're meeting our pledge.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For a more detailed job description, main responsibilities, and Person Specification, please refer to the job description document attached to this vacancy.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Three years experience working in a voice services technical support environment
- Experience of Siemens ISDX telephone switch
- Experience of Cisco Call Managers
- Proven experience of preparation of quotations and written reports
Knowledge and SkillsEssential
- Proven supervisory experience in a telecoms environment
- Previous NHS experience
- Possess a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products
- Experience of successfully managing and completing projects in time and to budget
- Possess a good understanding of voice telecoms systems and technologies
- A proven ability to install and connect voice telecom equipment including frames, DP's, patch panels and end user equipment
- Working experience of large Analogue telephone switches
- Possess an analytical and disciplined approach to problem solving
- A proven ability to diagnose and troubleshoot telecom system and network faults
- Possess good communication skills, both written and oral
- A proven ability to install, test and commission telecom cabling including Cat5e and CW1308
Qualifications and TrainingEssential
- Proven ability to work under pressure in a busy working environment
- Flexible and adaptable approach
- Ability to use own initiative and work with minimum supervision
- Good standard of education with GCSE passes in Maths and English
- Access to transport
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Possess a technical qualification within Telecommunication Industry
- Possess formal management or supervisory training certificate
University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust (UHBW)Address
Both Bristol and Weston sites
40 Southwell Street
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.