We have an exciting opportunity for a Band 5 nurse on our short stay frailty ward.
This ward is a busy acute medical ward that specializes in frailty care. Caring for short stay frailty patients ensures a varied role, where staff can learn specialty care for those who may have multiple medical conditions and often require specialist support at home or in their care home. Staff will also support acutely unwell patents that may have dementia & delirium.
You will be part of a dedicated team delivering a high standard of nursing care to our patients which includes a wider multidisciplinary team.
We welcome enthusiastic, highly motivated registered nurses at all levels. Newly qualified or experienced staff nurses wanting a change. If you are passionate about frailty care have good communication skills and pride yourself on delivering quality care. We want to hear from you.
Comprehensive Trust and ward/department induction is provided and an established staff nurse development program is also available.Please note this vacancy is not suitable for overseas registered nurses required to take the OSCE exam.If you would like to arrange an informal visit or have any questions, please contact:
Georgina Darby - Ward Manager on 01905 733782 or Matron Patience Ngundu on bleep 753 via switchboard 01905 763333.Main duties of the job
- Using your clinical experience and skills you will work with your team as a named nurse to maintain accountability for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating programmes of care within the framework of team nursing.
- Acting with compassion you will put patients at the centre of all you do.
- You will communicate effectively with patients and their carers regarding their care and educate patients where there is a need.
- You will communicate effectively with the Multi-Disciplinary Team to ensure high quality patient care.
- You will show commitment to sustaining and developing your clinical competence and professional awareness.
- You will provide supervision, support and education to unqualified staff and students.
- This role will require you to work variable hours in order to fulfil the needs of the ward.
- You will show courage by embracing new ways of working and doing the right thing by the people you care for, including speaking up when you have concerns.
Our purpose is simple - Putting Patients First. We are looking for exceptional colleagues who can help us achieve this.
Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust is a large acute and specialised hospital trust that provides a range of local acute services to the residents of Worcestershire and more specialised services to a larger population in Herefordshire and beyond.
The Trust operates hospital-based services from three sites in Kidderminster, Redditch and Worcester
Our workforce is nearly 6,800 strong, and our caring staff are recognised as providing good and outstanding patient-centred care. You could be one of them.
We are committed to recruiting the best people to work with us to achieve our Vision - working in partnership to provide the best healthcare for our communities, leading and supporting our teams to move 4ward. Our 4ward behaviours, which we ask all staff to demonstrate, underpin our everyday work and remain firmly at the heart of all we do.
Our objectives are simple:
- Best services for local people
- Best experience of care and best outcomes for our patients
- Best use of resources
- Best people
Better never stops, and our Clinical Services Strategy provides a clear future vision for our Trust, our hospitals, our services and our role in the wider health and care system.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- You will develop, implement and evaluate the programmes of care including discharge planning for each patient.
- You will safeguard vulnerable adults.
- You will participate in preceptorship programmes as appropriate and act as a facilitator / mentor / preceptor / role model to less experienced staff.
- You will educate patients and their careers as required where a need has been identified, including information on a adopting a healthier lifestyle.
- You will complete patient documentation correctly.
- You will communicate effectively with patients, carers and members of the Multi-Disciplinary Team.
- You will be responsible for developing and sustaining own knowledge, clinical skills and professional awareness in accordance with PREP requirements and to maintain a professional portfolio with evidence of reflective practice.
- You will assist in the training and development of student nurses and health care assistants and complete assessors training as required.
- You will contribute to research and development programmes within the ward / department.
- You will contribute to the setting and monitoring of measurable standards of care and be accountable for maintaining standards.
- You will participate in handling complaints in accordance with Trust policy.
- You will maintain a safe clean ward environment and ensure all appropriate general risk assessments are carried out within 24 hours of admission document and plan care accordingly e.g. manual handling, pressure risks, slips trips and falls, nutrition, safeguarding.
- You will show an awareness of budgeting, exercising care and economy in the ordering and use of equipment.
- You will assist in the assessment of staffing requirements, report problems to the appropriate manager.
- In the absence of a more senior member of staff and as part of your development programme, with support, will be able to undertake clinical / shift management within the department.
- Registered Nurse within the UK with a NMC Pin Number
- Would suit newly qualified, recently returned to nursing candidate or more experienced Band 5
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to use own initiative. Calm, able to prioritise and able to make decisions appropriately. Can demonstrate recent professional development. Effective communicator. Able to work in a team. Delivery high care standards in line with Clinical Governance. Flexible, punctual and reliable
Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS TrustAddress
Worcestershire Royal Hospital
Charles Hastings Way
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.