We are seeking an Advanced Clinical Practitioner to cover Maternity Leave, who has a passion for frailty, to be part of the implementation of Virtual Wards within the community in Worcestershire. The successful candidate will join the integrated team in the delivery of quality care for people and will be integral in enabling patients to achieve optimum function and receive appropriate treatment within their own home to prevent unnecessary admission to hospital. Alongside Medical colleagues you would be responsible in the assessment and management of the Virtual Ward patients. This would initially be within a designated implementation site in Worcestershire.
You would work closely with partners across Primary and Secondary Care to ensure the most appropriate input and place of treatment for these most frail patients in the community.
As an experienced practitioner you will have completed the Advanced Assessment Skills and Non-Medical Prescribing (V300) modules.
This is an exciting opportunity to showcase your talents as an ACP, delivering care in new and innovative ways as part of the pilot project. The role will be well suited to evidencing all four pillars of advanced practice and time will be provided to work on quality improvement.
You will be expected to work regular weekends and Bank Holidays and ideally be flexible to work shifts to cover the hours of 0800-2000Main duties of the job
The ability to work independently is essential as the post holders will need to offer urgent care, treat minor illness, give patient advice and offer chronic disease management. You will have the ability to prioritise and triage the needs of patients, making any referrals for further investigations where appropriate in line with local and practice guidelines, whilst ensuring your clinical practice is safe and effective.
You will be supported by the senior clinical team including trust doctors/consultants, lead advanced clinical practitioner and senior pharmacists. There will be daily board round meetings held to discuss the patients cared for on the Virtual Wards and a weekly MDT meeting.About us
We are community hospitals, neighbourhood teams and community health services across Worcestershire and the provider of Mental Health and Learning Disability services across both Herefordshire and Worcestershire. We work in partnership with other organisations to keep our community well at home for as long as possible.
We provide services for people of all ages, across a range of settings, experiencing both physical and/or mental health conditions.
We have an open and supportive culture, recognised by the CQC and other external regulators. We want you to thrive, offering you every opportunity to develop. We will support you help you fulfil your ambitions with a varied and flexible training programme and empower you to make positive changes within your team or service. We endeavour to offer an attractive work-life balance, with flexibility in our approach to help you get the most out of your career.
We provide our staff with direct access to a wealth of resources to support their wellbeing, from our Staff Mental Health and Wellbeing Hub, to wellbeing festivals or access to free online exercise classes.
At the core of our values, we are committed to equality, diversity, inclusion and human rights. We take every opportunity to strengthen our approach to equality and diversity in delivering best patient care and the employment of our staff.
We would encourage you to visit the Trusts Recruitment Microsite, click the Employer Website link.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
As an advanced Clinical Practitioner, you will work with a high degree of autonomy, demonstrating core capabilities in clinical competency, encompassing the four pillars of clinical practice. You will treat patients with acute exacerbations of chronic diseases, manage long term conditions and assess, plan, and treat patients to prevent them being admitted to hospital. You should have excellent clinical, written, and verbal communication skills, be able to work independently and manage your own workload. For purposes of the role, you must be NMC registered, hold a full UK driving licence, have good IT skills and have excellent communication skills. Hours and shift patterns would be discussed to enable cover of the operational hours.
For full details of the duties and criteria for the role please refer to the job description and person specification attached.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered Nurse Level 1 / Allied Health Professional / Paramedic / Pharmacist
- MSc Advanced Clinical Practice
- Non-Medical Prescribing (V300) / ability to work within PGDs, within scope of professional practice.
- Advanced Assessment Skills Module
- Evidence of a portfolio of knowledge, skills and professional development
- Full Current UK Professional Registration
- I understand that I will be asked to provide original certificates to verify my qualifications at point of offer
Skills & AbilitiesEssential
- Demonstrable post-graduate experience in a relevant area
- Extensive post-graduate experience in a role undertaking assessments of complex needs
- Experience of working with people with long-term illness and / or older people
- Clinical experience of caring for people with cognitive impairment
- Experience of working across professional boundaries
- Experience of change/leading service development
- Experience of clinical leadership
- Advanced clinical assessment and clinical skills
- Advanced interpersonal and communication skills at multi-disciplinary level
- Ability to prioritise workload effectively
- Evidence of leading
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Relevant CPD relating to Frailty/older adults
- IRMER training/experience of requesting and interpreting X-rays
Herefordshire and Worcestershire Health and Care NHS TrustAddress
Kidderminster Health Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.