INTERNAL ONLY TO NORTH CUMBRIA INTEGRATED CARE NHS FOUNDATION TRUST (NCIC) TRUST EMPLOYEES ONLY
Technology is at the heart of General Practice so ensuring it is up to date is really important. We are about to start a programme of work to replace some of our older hardware and upgrade the desktop estate to Windows 11.
We're looking for a desktop engineer with experience of planning and delivering equipment rollout in busy environments. Strong interpersonal skills are a must as well as the ability to prioritise and problem solve to ensure we meet the needs of our users.Main duties of the job
Deliver a planned programme of IT Hardware and Software upgrades to General Practice across North Cumbria.
The purpose of this role is to provide IT support to primary care, mainly GP Surgeries, across North Cumbria. Working with existing IT & Primary care colleagues to develop processes and share knowledge so the quality of support continually improves.About us
At NCIC, we have an ambition to deliver outstanding hospital and health services to half a million people. Established on 1st October 2019, the Trust is creating a centre of excellence in providing rural and remote healthcare and provides a wide range of community and acute services throughout north Cumbria and beyond. We're responsible for delivering over 70 services across 15 main locations and we employ more than 6,500 members of staff.
Our 5 key principles demonstrate our belief in the delivery of 'safe, high quality care every time'.
- Being a clinically led organisation
- Quality and safety at the heart
- A positive patient experience every time
- A great place to work
- Managing our money well
As an organisation we are serious about supporting a diverse workforce that reflects our local community and are very much focused on being an inclusive and compassionate place to work.
Across the North East and North Cumbria we are working together to deliver our ambition to be the greenest region in England by 2030. There is an expectation for all staff to support this by familiarising yourself with the Trust's sustainability initiatives such as waste and recycling, going paperless, videoconferencing, sustainable transport and others.
We encourage you to think about what you can do as an individual and within your team to contribute in to embedding carbon reduction into the everyday running of our organisation.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached Job description and person specification for further information regarding the role and the essential and desirable criteria required to be met by applicants.
Relocation assistance may be available for successful applicants moving to the region for certain posts. Please see our Policy for eligible vacancies?
- Please ensure that you document evidence of meeting all the essential criteria in the supporting information.
- If sufficient response is received this post could be closed earlier than the specified closing date, please apply as soon as possible to ensure that your application is considered.
Candidates who have been successfully shortlisted for interview will be asked via an email notification to log on to their Trac account to select an interview time. This will usually be within 2 weeks of the closing date.
For candidates applying using a Hotmail account or have strict firewall settings please ensure the following:
Disclosure and Barring Service:
- Junk Mail is checked regularly
On 28 November 2020, the new Disclosure and Barring Service filtering rules will come into effect.
The changes mean that:
- youth cautions, reprimands and final warnings will no longer be subject to automatic disclosure
- the multiple conviction rule has been removed, meaning that if an individual has more than one conviction, regardless of offence type or time passed, each conviction will be considered against the remaining rules individually, rather than being automatically disclosed.
If you are unsure about whether you need to disclose certain criminal record information, free confidential advice may be sought from one of the charity bodies listed below. These bodies can advise you on what you are legally required to declare and may also be able to advise you on how you can disclose criminal record information to a prospective employer and your legal rights when doing so.
Nacro Tel: 0300 123 1999, or email: email@example.com
Unlock Tel: 01634 247350, email
firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the
online form on the Unlock website
The Trust is committed to safeguarding adults and children therefore if the post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (ROA) 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended) the successful candidate(s) will be subject to a criminal records check with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). The cost of the DBS must be met by the successful candidate(s) through salary deduction. DBS charges are as follows if applicable to the post:
Standard Check: �18 + Administration cost of �3.85 = �21.85. Deducted at �6.85 from 1st month salary and �5 deducted from salary over following 3 months.
Enhanced Check: �38 + administration cost of �3.90 = �41.90. Deducted at �11.90 from 1st month salary and �10 deducted from salary over following 3 months.
As part of the one of the largest employers in the UK NCIC future employees will have also access to the following benefits.
A lease car may be available for this position further details will be provided upon appointment if applicable.
27-day holiday scheme rising to 33 after 10 years
Flexible working Scheme
Excellent opportunities for development
Competitive NHS Pension scheme
Access to NHS discounts with retailers and leisure companies
EAP (Employee Assistance Programme) a free, confidential counselling and information service to assist with personal or work-related problems
These schemes are subject to availabilityPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade 5 or above, including Maths and English
- Degree in an IT related subject or in-depth knowledge gained through working in a corporate IT Environment.
- Membership of professional body
- Microsoft Certification (MTA, MCSA, MCSE)
- ITIL v3 Foundation
- Recent, Significant experience in a relevant IT Support role
- Troubleshooting and resolving IT hardware and software issues
- Configuring, supporting and deploying Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Configuring, supporting and deploying Microsoft Windows based applications, including Office
- Active Directory users and computers
- Equipment relocation & deployment supporting site/dept/office moves
- Providing excellent customer service
- IT Support in the NHS
- Microsoft Server based products including Exchange, SCCM, and Group Policies
- McAfee Security Products
- Cisco solutions
- Mobile Device Management
- Citrix Solutions
- Unix, Linux, iOS Operating Systems
- Supporting end user devices in a distributed environment
- Current & developing trends in IT
- Current Microsoft products
Skills and AptitudesEssential
- ITIL v3
- System Security
- NHS IT Systems & Requirements
- IT troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Analytical skills/data analysis
- Excellent customer service skills
- Pleasant disposition
- Ability to communicate complex information regarding IT systems, services, incidents and problems. Both verbal and in writing
- Self-motivated and ability to use own initiative
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated
- Ability to manage own workload
- Ability to exercise individual responsibility and judgement
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Advanced keyboard skills (speed and accuracy)
- Ability to apply correct moving and handling techniques
- Ability to travel independently of public transport with equipment
- Must be willing to participate in an out of hours on-call service if required
- Willing to work in a flexible and dynamic manner
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Driving licence and use of own vehicle
North Cumbria Integrated Care NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Carlisle or Whitehaven
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.