We are seeking a nurse of any discipline to join our team with a focus on assessment, diagnosis and management of Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder. You will provide a range of high quality assessments and interventions appropriate to the child or young person's needs which will include neuro-developmental assessment, computer based assessment, mental state assessment, risk assessment and management, family and social assessment, consultation, formulation and evidence based interventions.
The post holder will have a range of skills and knowledge base to deliver clinical aspects of the role in a multi-disciplinary team setting and will be competent to do this work as an autonomous practitioner within professional practice guidelines.
The post holder will be a Non-Medical Prescriber or willing to complete the training to become a Non-Medical Prescriber.Main duties of the job
To assume responsibility for management of a complex caseload and exercise the highest standards of professional responsibility for the assessment, treatment and discharge of children, young people and their families/carers using specialist knowledge and evaluation of care programmes in collaboration with children, young people and their families/carers, liaising with and referring to relevant agencies as appropriate.About us
MFT is England's largest NHS Trust with a turnover of �2.5bn & is on a different scale than most other NHS Trusts. We're creating an exceptional integrated health & social care system for the 1 million patients who rely on our services every year.
Bringing together 10 hospitals & community services from across Manchester, Trafford & beyond, we champion collaborative working & transformation, encouraging our 28,000 workforce to pursue their most ambitious goals. We set standards that other Trusts seek to emulate so you'll benefit from a scale of opportunity that is nothing short of extraordinary.
We've also created a digitally enabled organisation to improve clinical quality, patient & staff experience, operational effectiveness & driving research and innovation through the introduction of Hive our brand-new Electronic Patient Record system which we've launched in September 2022.
We're proud to be a major academic Research Centre & Education provider, providing you with a robust infrastructure to encourage and facilitate high-quality research programmes. What's more, we're excited to be embarking on our new Green Plan which will set out how MFT continues to play its part in making healthcare more sustainable.At MFT, we create and foster a culture of inclusion and belonging, provide equal opportunities for career development that are fair, open and transparent, protecting your health and wellbeing and shaping the future of our organisation together.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To find out more about the key responsibilities and the specific skills and experience youll need, take a look at the Job Description & Person Specification attachments under the Supporting Documents heading. So that youre even more equipped to make an informed decision to apply to us, youll need to take time to read the Candidate Essentials Guide that sits with the Job Description and Person Specification. This document provides you with details about the Trust, our benefits and outlines how we care for you as you care for others. Most importantly, it also contains critical information youll need to be aware of before you submit an application form.
COVID-19 vaccination remains the best way to protect yourself, your family, your colleagues and of course patients from the virus when working in our healthcare settings. Whilst COVID-19 vaccination is not currently a condition of employment, we do encourage our staff to get vaccinated. If you are unvaccinated, there is helpful advice and information available by searching on the NHS England website where you can also find out more about how to access the vaccination. Diversity Matters
MFT is committed to promoting equality of opportunity, celebrating and valuing diversity and eliminating any form of unlawful discrimination across our workforce, ensuring our people are truly representative of the communities we serve. All individuals regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation are encouraged to apply for this post. As an inclusive employer, we are here to support you. If you have any special requirements to help you with your application, email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Were looking forward to hearing from you!Person SpecificationRegistration/AccreditationEssential
- registered/accredited with a professional body
- Registered Nursing: Registered Nurse in Mental Health (RMN/ RNMH), Registered Nurse for Sick Children (RSCN) or equivalent
- Independent and Supplementary Non-Medical Prescribing (or willingness to complete)
- Certificate in supervision skills or equivalent
- Additional post graduate training in psychological therapies and interventions
- Relevant post qualification experience of working with children and young people.
- Proven experience of working effectively with people with mental health difficulties, including autonomous management of a complex caseload which frequently deals with distressing and emotional circumstances
- Proven experience of working effectively with children and young people with ADHD and additional mental health difficulties providing both assessment and intervention.
- Experience of assessing and managing risk: including safeguarding.
- Experience of developing and providing evidenced based assessments, formulations, and care plans and effective use of ROMS.
- Experience of liaison and working with a range of other relevant agencies and professionals, including managing difficult conversations and differences of opinion.
- Experience of mentoring and supervision of others, including supporting the mental health and wellbeing of junior staff and trainees.
- Understanding of the principles of Clinical Governance and a willingness to follow Trust Policy and Procedures
Knowledge & SkillsEssential
- Post qualification experience of Non-medical prescribing
- Experience of providing a variety of interventions for children and young people with mental health problems and their families
- Community mental health experience across a variety of settings
- Up to date knowledge of child mental health and relevant legislation.
- Ability to carry out and monitor effect ADHD assessments, treatments and therapies including understanding of potential unwanted side effects from medication
- Delivery of evidence-based practice and the ability to demonstrate how this influences clinical practice.
- The ability to assess, formulate and manage care appropriately, ensuring discharge is timely.
- The ability to use assessment tools and outcome measures / ROMs effectively and in collaboration with the child, young person, and family.
- Highly developed communication skills with the ability to provide and receive highly complex, sensitive or contentious information and overcome barriers to acceptance
- To be able to function as a part of a multi-disciplinary team and to liaise effectively with other agencies i.e., education, GP's, maintaining positive working relationships
- To be able to provide feedback and constructive guidance to junior members of the team and trainees to facilitate their personal and professional development.
- Ability to reflect on and critically appraise the performance of self and others.
- Ability to manage own caseload and act as lead practitioner.
- Ability to manage and organise own time and diary, and work flexibly and creatively in a clinical context
- The ability to follow policy and make proposals for change.
- The ability to maintain clinical records both written and electronic.
- Experience of delivering training
- Experience of audit and research
- Delivery of group work and workshops.
- Advanced IT skills.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- A commitment to undertake further relevant training and self-directed study.
- Punctual and flexible across hours of work when required.
- A commitment to the inclusion of young people's, parent/carer views in service delivery, development and design.
- Willingness to contribute to team functioning, performance and the ongoing development of the service.
- Use of a car or access to a means of travel across the Trust footprint in line with service needs
Manchester University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Central Manchester CAMHS
195-197 Hathersage Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.