We are looking for an experienced Biomedical Scientist to provide support for the Blood Sciences Management Team on a fixed term basis until the end of March 2025.
The successful candidate will support in the day to day management of Blood Sciences making efficient use of available resources to maintain a cost efficient and high standard of service in conjunction with the Blood Sciences Manager. Act as the deputy Blood Sciences Manager with delegated responsibility from the Blood Sciences Manager as appropriate.Main duties of the job
- Deputise for the Blood Sciences Manager including day to day management of the Blood Sciences service, engagement with HR and training
- Responsible for the management of Specimen Reception including training and competency assessment in liaison with the Specimen Reception Supervisor
- Lead on the LIMS renewal project in liaison with the Head of Blood Sciences
Wye Valley NHS Trust is a member of an NHS Foundation Group with South Warwickshire NHS FT , the George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust and Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust.
Located on the border with Wales in the shadow of the Black Mountains, we provide acute and community services across Herefordshire and into parts of Powys and run Hereford County Hospital and the community hospitals in Bromyard, Leominster and Ross-on-Wye.
Worcestershire is our neighbouring county. The post holder will be required to travel between sites.
We are a progressive and forward looking trust with ambitious plans to improve quality and integrate patient pathways through close collaborative working with our partners to deliver the quality of care we'd want for our family and friends.
More than 3,500 people work for the Trust - they tell us it's a great place to work, blending the busyness of a DGH with the benefits of working in a beautiful rural and unspoilt county like Herefordshire.
We can offer a great work-life balance and have a fine tradition of working with staff to help them achieve their full potential.
Russell Hardy, Trust Chairman: The strength of the Trust is its amazing staff a great place to work, a great place to develop your career and a great place to reach your potential. Our values -Care, Accountability, Respect and Excellence - are at the heart of all we do. We believe in providing the right care in the right place at the right time...all the time.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For more information about the role and responsibilities please see the attached job description and person specification.Person SpecificationEducation & QualificationsEssential
- FIBMS or an MSc in a relevant topic
- State Registered BMS
Skills, Knowledge & AbilitiesEssential
- Proven experience with excellent working knowledge of Biomedical Science
- Evidence of experience of quality management systems, audits and document control
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to prioritise and manage own time and to direct the time of subordinate staff efficiently
- Advanced practical analytical skills associated with diagnostic pathology work
- Ability to produce reports, protocols and documentation to a high level.
Wye Valley NHS TrustAddress
Hereford County Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.