The Estates Department operate and maintain, energy and environmental resources, controls, electrical and mechanical services providing power, lighting, heating, air conditioning to wards, outpatients and operating theatres. Estates directly impacts on patient welfare, frontline clinical care, infection prevention and control and energy efficiency and sustainability across the Estates Trust.
We have an exciting opportunity for a committed highly self-motivated individual, the Royal Marsden is looking for a Building Services Supervisor (M& E) to join the Estates Team in Chelsea. This is a highly valuable broad ranging role, which will expose the Building Services Supervisor (M& E) to the whole range of Estates services including mechanical, electrical, building & energy control systems and project management. The candidate must be highly proactive in developing their technical knowledge in all aspects of training and work undertaken, engage in active discussions about skills, techniques, methods and approach to tasks in order to develop as a skilled professional. Behaviour at all times must be conducted in a professional manner and consistent with Trust Values. Main duties of the job
- Be dynamic in their approach and flexible and adaptable to changing needs and priorities
- Work proactively and support both management and frontline estates staff in delivering an effective service
- Manage, control and update CAFM, ISO 9001 QMS, Estates handover records and drawings, Estates stores critical spares records and financial and procurement systems
- Monitoring and reporting on work and maintenance progress and cost impactions
- To have a full understanding of the Trust Financial and ordering system and procurement system
- Maintaining, reporting and presenting work progress reports to Estates Management staff
The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust is a world-leading cancer centre. Our role is to offer our patients the best cancer care available anywhere in the world, and to continue to make a global contribution to finding better ways of diagnosing and treating cancer. We employ over 3,900 staff in a diverse range of careers including nursing, medical, science, radiography, pharmacy, occupational therapy, finance and administrative services. We have two hospitals - one in Chelsea, London, and one in Sutton, Surrey - as well as a Medical Daycare Unit in Kingston Hospital.
At The Royal Marsden, we deal with cancer every day, so we understand how valuable life is. When people entrust their lives to us, they have the right to demand the very best. That's why the pursuit of excellence lies at the heart of everything we do.
At the heart of the hospital is our dedicated team. We offer a stimulating and dynamic working environment, a wide range of staff benefits and learning and development opportunities. We are looking for employees who aspire to excellence, share our values and can play a crucial role in our on-going achievements.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesFor further information on this role, please see the attached detailed Job Description and Person Specification.
- To understand the workings of engineering and building services and systems in NHS/Trust premises. Ensuring that they are maintained to a high standard and that all plant and equipment are utilised in a safe and efficient manner.
- To investigate and ensure any fault, defect or malfunction of plant, equipment or other elements of the Trust buildings / estate infrastructure that affect the patient environment are speedily repaired. Identify and communicate defects and action plans to the relevant tradesman through physical inspections, when undertaking normal course of duties, reviewing statutory inspection reports, observations for the way building /plant /equipment is being operated and used and from information in the CAFM system.
- Support the development of quality management processes and capture tasks undertaken in simple flow charts reflecting the steps and procedures used. Comply with processes and polices and identify defects and observations and means of achieving continuous improvement. Use the CAFM system to receive, update and close off requests and update records. Raise a request to cover all activities undertaken to ensure Estates has full visibility of trade staff hours, productivity and activities for trend analysis and continuous improvement. During emergencies and urgent work, undertake work outside your discipline to work closely and in a supportive way with other trades
- To co-operate fully with Supervisor checks and audits on work
- To prioritise, supervise, plan co-ordinate, and execute programmes of work, PPM and Project work, Organising maintenance and repairs to the Engineering services both internally and externally.
- To provide sketches for small projects as required and issue works dockets to the workforce ensuring that there is a steady progress of work by reviewing workload and prioritising/issuing outstanding work to appropriate trades for completion via the help desk database software (CAFM).
- Experience in supervisory skills and managing staff
- Practical and theoretical and mechanical /electrical engineering knowledge acquired through diploma or equivalent and experience
- Full City and Guilds Mechanical or Electrical Trade qualifications to Level 3 or equivalent ONC/NVQ level 3
- Recognised Health & Safety Qualification
- Service training certificates or CPD certificates.
- IOSH Managing safety course
- Working safely at heights
- Working in confined spaces
- Certified Competent Person in three or more of the following: Medical gases, Electrical LV, Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning Qualification BEMS operators' course
- Must have mechanical or electrical inspection, fault finding and repair experience
- Experience of managing and supervising detailed mechanical or electrical engineering jn Healthcare premises or a similar large organisation enabling works and signing it off as safe and compliant.
- Successfully able to manage engineering PPM's and new works and reactive works simultaneously
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Undertaking of surveys or audits
- Being able to read and interpret mechanical and/or electrical engineering technical drawings and schematic.
- Knowledge of a wide range of engineering processes.
The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation TrustAddress
The Royal Marsden Hospital Chelsea
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.