Are you dynamic, highly motivated and committed to improving patient outcomes and experience? An exciting Matron opportunity has arisen within the Division of Gynaecology. This role will cover Gynaecology services at North Manchester General Hospital and services at Oxford Road Campus (Saint Mary's Hospital, Managed Clinical Services)We are looking for an innovative and enthusiastic nursing leader who is passionate about nursing and delivering the best patient care, and who can provide leadership and strategic direction for their clinical areas. To undertake this challenging role you will need to have extensive experience in leading and managing nursing teams . You will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and demonstrate an ability to work collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams.The successful candidate will be pro-active, have a proven track record of quality improvement and will ensure that service needs and patient experience are met to the high standards we aspire to.
You will be required to demonstrate effective leadership for your clinical areas, be able to work collaboratively, manage complaints, promote and support best practice and set professional standards.Main duties of the job
Essential to the role is the ability to use data, audit, service evaluation to develop a reflective and continuous improvement culture.
- The post holder will provide clinical and professional leadership and line management to the clinical teams within the directorate of Gynaecology. Reporting to the Lead Nurse and accountable to the Head of Nursing. The post holder will ensure the key functions of the modern matron are undertaken for the directorate.
- Demonstrate effective leadership, setting, monitoring and maintaining professional standards, working collaborative, manage complaints and lead the nursing contribution for clinical governance at a specialty/department level in line with the Nursing & Midwifery Strategy.
- Be an integral member of the directorate management team, providing nursing advice, manage specialty nursing teams, have delegated budgetary responsibility and contribute to innovative solutions to workforce & capacity management.
- Take responsibility for human and financial resources, contributing to key performance outcomes within the directorate.
- Act in accordance to the NMC Code of Professional Conduct.
- Have a responsibility to ensure all information processed for patients and staff is kept confidential, accurate and in line with the Data Protection Act 1998 and Caldecott Policy.
MFT is England's largest NHS Trust with a turnover of �2.5bn & is on a different scale than most other NHS Trusts. We're creating an exceptional integrated health & social care system for the 1 million patients who rely on our services every year.
Bringing together 10 hospitals & community services from across Manchester, Trafford & beyond, we champion collaborative working & transformation, encouraging our 28,000 workforce to pursue their most ambitious goals. We set standards that other Trusts seek to emulate so you'll benefit from a scale of opportunity that is nothing short of extraordinary.
We've also created a digitally enabled organisation to improve clinical quality, patient & staff experience, operational effectiveness & driving research and innovation through the introduction of Hive our brand-new Electronic Patient Record system which we've launched in September 2022.
We're proud to be a major academic Research Centre & Education provider, providing you with a robust infrastructure to encourage and facilitate high-quality research programmes. What's more, we're excited to be embarking on our new Green Plan which will set out how MFT continues to play its part in making healthcare more sustainable.
At MFT, we create and foster a culture of inclusion and belonging, provide equal opportunities for career development that are fair, open and transparent, protecting your health and wellbeing and shaping the future of our organisation together.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Working within the field of Women Health can be very challenging but extremely rewarding. Our leading edge services are tailored to meet both the needs of the local population in Manchester and those of patients with complex medical conditions referred from other areas in Greater Manchester, the North West and beyond. Gynaecology services are available at three main sites including Wythenshawe Hospital, North Manchester General Hospital and Saint Mary's Hospital Oxford Road campus.
To find out more about the key responsibilities and the specific skills and experience youll need, take a look at the Job Description & Person Specification attachments under the Supporting Documents heading. So that youre even more equipped to make an informed decision to apply to us, youll need to take time to read the Candidate Essentials Guide that sits with the Job Description and Person Specification. This document provides you with details about the Trust, our benefits and outlines how we care for you as you care for others. Most importantly, it also contains critical information youll need to be aware of before you submit an application form.
COVID-19 vaccination remains the best way to protect yourself, your family, your colleagues and of course patients from the virus when working in our healthcare settings. Whilst COVID-19 vaccination is not currently a condition of employment, we do encourage our staff to get vaccinated. If you are unvaccinated, there is helpful advice and information available by searching on the NHS England website where you can also find out more about how to access the vaccination. Diversity Matters
MFT is committed to promoting equality of opportunity, celebrating and valuing diversity and eliminating any form of unlawful discrimination across our workforce, ensuring our people are truly representative of the communities we serve. All individuals regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation are encouraged to apply for this post. As an inclusive employer, we are here to support you. If you have any special requirements to help you with your application, email our team at email@example.com.
Were looking forward to hearing from you!Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- NMC registered
- Minimum 3 years experience in a senior clinical position
Knowledge and SkillsEssential
- Management qualification
- Experience in specialty
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of successfully managing the implementation of change
- Experience of professional leadership, leading to innovation in practice
- Evidence of Governance and risk management skills
Manchester University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Saint Mary's Hospital Managed Clinical Service at North Manchester General Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.