As a registered nurse you will be responsible for providing the highest standard of individualised holistic patient care in conduction with the multi-disciplinary team.
You will be responsible for supporting your manager in ensuring that our out patients department needs are met through the delivery of high-quality care. As a centre of excellence, you will offer a person- centred approach to their independence and well-being.Main duties of the job
To work as part of the MDT, assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating individualised plans of patient care.
Effectively communicate with patients, relatives and other members of the out patients team.
Maintain a high standard of clinical work.
Ensure all policies and procedures are adhered to.
Ensure all technical equipment is checked at start of day to ensure in good working order.
Be aware of own individual responsibilities and training needs and keep up to date with mandatory training.
Maintain a clean and safe environment and report any untoward incident.
Respect patients confidentiality.
Keep accurate nursing records.About us
Our department is driven by the Trusts strategic objectives and organisational values such as We Care.
We are a small nursing team but work well and efficiently together.
Extensive training will be given.
Park and ride is available from Doncaster racecourse to DRI Monday to Friday 6am - 10pm. Transport can be provided for working at other areas - Thorne and Scunthorpe.
Annual leave starts at 27 days a year plus Bank Holidays.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Work in accordance with the NMC code of professional conduct.
Complete necessary training with scope of professional training.
Participate in Personal reviews annually.
Take charge in the absence of the person who has overall responsibility of the department.
Contribute to cost effective use of supplies, ensuring stock is maintained at a safe level.
Provide opportunities for patients and relatives to comment on the provisions of the service.
Cooperate with the investigation of complaints.
Contribute to the risk assessments of patients and the working environment.
Be aware of the major incident policy.
Act as a placement supervisor for students.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Minimum of 12 months working in a hospital environment
- RN Level 1 or 2
- Knowledge of general surgical nursing
- General Surgical experience - wards
- Theatre or endoscopy experience
- Current Registration
- Up to date knowledge of professional issues
- Demonstrate professional development post-registration
- Mentorship/ Teaching Qualification
- LCAT/CCAST Assessor
- Venepuncture / Cannulation packages
- Demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate a caring manner with an understanding disposition.
- Be interested in committed to caring for people of any culture and environmental background or illness
- Evidence of working effectively within the multidisciplinary team
- Precise and methodical in working practice and able to work under own initiative
- Able to accomodate the demands of the post with flexible working as required and good attendance
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge of Trust policies and procedures
- Resourceful and able to work on own initiatives
- Able to delegate
Doncaster & Bassetlaw Teaching Hospitals NHS FTAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.