We have an excellent opportunity in our Adult Directorate for a highly experienced, knowledgeable RMN with outstanding clinical skills to deliver clinical consultation, assessment, and treatment in our stepped care model (SCM).The SCM offers phased and graded treatment options to patients referred from primary care and is underpinned by the Primary Care Mental Health Service (PCMHS), who offer comprehensive clinical assessments and onwards signposting.
This RMN post is new in Cambridge and one of 7 posts countywide, developed to ensure that patients access the right levels of care at the right time. You will have autonomy to support and shape the building of close working relationships between primary care, PCMHS and the Adult Locality Team to ensure a fully integrated service provision for patients with moderate to severe mental health difficulties. You will be at the forefront of future developments of service provision in line with the CPFT long-term transformation agenda.
Success of these roles is the post holder's clinical leadership in ensuring continuing improvement in the quality of clinical interventions and performance of the team. Critically the post holder needs to ensure the quality of assessments carried out across the teams are of the highest standard possible. The ability of our teams to understand patients' needs/diagnosis and to formulate a robust plan of care is vital not only to the patient but also to the effectiveness of the whole mental health system.Main duties of the job
*Contribute to ongoing CPD programmes including training sessions and upskilling and targeted support to the MDT.
*Supervise and partake in the triaging of complex cases and offer consultation/advice/supervision across PCMHS
*Provide NMC compliant prescribing and maintaining the statutory requirements of CPD to maintain regulatory compliance
*Deliver clinical supervision and leadership to other professionals delivering advanced advice, guidance, and consultation on clinical cases.
*Provide training, consultation, support, and supervision to allied staff regarding client's mental health and psychological and care needs.
* Working alongside senior and operational managers to ensure the cohesive clinical delivery of the care across the different levels of treatment within stepped care model.
If you think this could be the right next step for you - please get in touch.About us
Cambridgeshire & Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust is a health & social care organisation dedicated to providing high quality care with compassion to improve the health & wellbeing of the people we care for, as well as supporting & empowering them to lead a fulfilling life.
Our clinical teams deliver many NHS services not only via inpatient and primary care setting but also with the community. These services include Children, Adult & Older Peoples mental & physical health, Forensic & Specialist mental health, Learning Disabilities, Primary Care & Liaison psychiatry, Substance misuse, Social care, Research & Development.
To achieve our goal, we look to recruit high calibre candidates that share our vision & values. As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applications from all sectors of the community, particularly from under-represented groups including disabled people & members of our ethnic minorities & LGBTQ+ communities.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the attached job description and person specification for full details of responsibilities
We would expect the successful applicant to have:
*A clearly demonstrated clinical portfolio encompassing credible clinical excellence and ideally previous senior leadership experience for an established duration.
*Substantial experience of clinical/case formulation, provision of clinical supervision and expert advice and guidance to service users, family, and other professionals across a range of Adult MH Services.
*Be confident in working independently and exercising autonomy in the field of adult mental health assessment, clinical/case formulation, and non-medical prescribing practice for a minimum of 2 years.
*Demonstrated compassion-based leadership and a readiness to take on new challengesPerson SpecificationEducation/QualificationsEssential
- Degree or equivalent qualification
- NMC registered
- Evidence of Post qualification continuing professional development to master's level or equivalent experience
- NMP qualification with demonstrated experience of prescribing independently or with close supervision
- Masters level in relevant subject or intention to pursue equivalent
- Management/leadership Qualification
- Quality Improvement training and experience
- In depth experience as a senior professional or manager
- Evidence of successful working within multi disciplinary teams
- Evidence of the ability to undertake difficult assessments
- Evidence of the ability to make a sound risk assessment
- Evidence of managing workload and ability to prioritise
- Evidence of clinical supervision training and/or experience
Skills & AbilitiesEssential
- Extensive experience of B7 operational and clinical management of staff
- Experience of working in PCMHS, or in Exemplar
- Lived experience of mental health
- Able to demonstrate commitment to high quality care and service provision
- Ability to provide consultation to a wide range of professionals
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, presentation and report writing skills
- Decision making and problem-solving skills
- Excellent IT skills
Understanding and personal attributesEssential
- Experience in audit
- Experience of managing feedback, investigation of complaints or similar
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to foster good inter-team/inter-agency working relationships
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to engage and motivate staff to deliver challenging targets
- Creative and innovative thinker and able to work independently
- Personal qualities: o Approachable o Reliable o Thorough o Determined o Energetic o Flexible o Engaging
Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.