An opportunity has arisen for 1 x IT Service Desk Supervisor to work in in conjunction with the Trust's existing 1st and 2nd line support teams to provide and help support a 24x7x365 IT Service Desk cover.
The post-holders will provide technical support for all Trust sites. These include the existing campuses namely: Northern General Hospital, Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Jessop Wing, Charles Clifford Dental Hospital and Western Park Hospital as well as our community based sites. Applicants must have knowledge and experience of Microsoft desktop and server environments along with Cisco networking technologies.Main duties of the job
Duties will include but are not restricted to:
Prioritise tasks and workload depending on the demands of the service with frontline call management always taking priority.
Provide guidance and mentor new team members to enable them to provide excellent technical and customer service skills.
Assist with the training of junior and new members of staff.
Perform tasks in accordance with the ITIL Service Management framework and the Departmental Service Code of Practice.
Ensure all mandatory training is completed in a timely manner and is kept up to date, this including Information Governance training.
Partake in the trusts appraisal/PDP system.
Participate in STH mandatory training in line with Trust and local policies.
Must be capable of lifting PCs, printers and associated equipment into position. Must be able to physically manipulate equipment and cabling in awkward and confined spaces.
Contribute to a safe working environment by following Trust and local polices relating to Health and Safety.About us
You will be working for an organisation which values and respects all of its staff and the community it serves. The Trust is a leader in the NHS and research sectors and provides excellent benefits for its staff. This includes commitments to professional development but also many policies to support employees in balancing their personal and professional lives.
The Informatics Directorate is responsible for developing the Trust's Information, Communication and Technology Strategy and for delivering the information systems development programme. It also ensures the operation of secure and confidential systems, the provision of high quality information and records to support patient care, clinical governance and performance management.
The IT Services Department is part of the Informatics Directorate and is responsible for strategy, design, transition and operational management of the IT Portfolio in conjunction with other specialist areas of Informatics.
Supporting over 16,000 users across 5 hospitals and multiple sites across the region, the department operates within a Service Management Framework (ITIL) and has a number of mature service management processes in place which operate across the Departmental structure. A Continual Service Improvement Programme is in place which aims to develop other ITIL processes and improve existing ones to ensure that the service delivered meets the business requirements of the Trust.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease view the attached Job Description and Person Specification documents for full details regarding this post. When completing your application please ensure that you clearly demonstrate how you meet the role criteria.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- GCSE English and Mathematics Grade A-C (4-9) or Equivalent
- Degree or equivalent experience in an IT related field
- Customer Service qualification or willingness to take
- ITIL v3 Practitioner qualification or willingness to take
- Further ITIL Qualifications
- Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician
- CompTIA Network+
- Significant experience of working in an IT support environment
- Relevant experience in a supervisory role
- Experience of working with ITIL and Service Management Processes.
- Knowledge of desktop computer hardware or software gained through study or practical experience.
- Customer service and IT support experience.
- Experience of using Cherwell Service Management Toolset
- Experience of using Contact Centre call management Toolset
- Awareness of the STH Connect 2024 Programme
- Experience of RA processes
- Relevant NHS/public sector experience
- SDI - Service Desk Foundation (SDF)
- SDI - Service Desk Analyst (SDA)
- Management and Leadership skills
- Managing people with differing attitudes and behaviours
- Demonstrates an ability to prioritise own workload and responds appropriately to urgent and emergency situations
- Demonstrates an analytical and logical approach to problem solving
- Able to communicate across all levels to service users both verbally and in written form
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Produce timely, accurate written/electronic records and documents
- Demonstrates work process to other members of IT Services within own work area
- Dexterity and accuracy in undertaking IT tasks, use of equipment and documentation
- Interpersonal Skills
- Commitment to continual personal development with an ability to maintain skills set through further training
- Advanced keyboard skills
- Ability to evaluate and interpret technical information for communication to a wide audience
- Ability to work unsupervised in a pressured environment
- Ability to react quickly to challenging situations
- Methodical and systematic in approach to all aspects of work
- Ability to occasionally exert moderate physical effort
- Occasional exposure to unpleasant working conditions
- Organisational skills with attention to detail
- Regular VDU user
- Able to demonstrate behaviours consistent with Trust Core Values
Employer detailsEmployer name
- A clean and valid UK driving licence
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Northern General/Work from Home
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.