Would you like the opportunity to join an innovative, dynamic Occupational Therapy Service? We are looking to recruit an experienced mental health Occupational Therapist (Band 6) to join our working age community Mental Health service. The post is based at the new, purpose-built Grove View Integrated Health & Care Hub, Court Drive, Dunstable LU5 4JD.Main duties of the job
We are looking to recruit an OT with experience of working with people with mental health difficulties to join our busy community multi-disciplinary teams. To succeed in this role, you will have good work load management skills and a compassionate approach to people with mental health conditions and their carers. You will demonstrate sound clinical assessment skills and offer specialist OT interventions utilizing assessment and evaluation tools drawn from the Model of Human Occupation and/or AMPS.
You will work as an integral part of the Community Team to maintain an effective occupational therapy service. There will be the opportunity to offer and implement group based programs and work closely with the recovery service to ensure clients can access educational and self-help groups to support well-being and self-management of their mental health. You will work alongside a number of OT's working in the community mental health services both in Luton and across Bedfordshire.About us
Our mission is to make a positive difference to people's lives by improving the quality of life for all we serve. Our values are: We Care, We Respect, We are Inclusive - so we are looking for people who live and breathe these qualities when supporting service users and carers, and in their relationships with colleagues in the Trust and our partner organisations.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be part of a large OT service, with a focus on investment in staff and staff wellbeing. A planned, supportive induction period will be developed to enable you to reach your full potential in your role. Regular managerial and professional supervision will be provided and you will have monthly opportunities to participate in the services OT CPD events and shape service development through quality improvement. Professional development and training are actively encouraged through the appraisal process.
All enquiries welcome. For more information, please contact Danielle Maule, Service Lead OT for Mental Health Services in Luton & Bedfordshire, on email@example.com or 07827939209.Person SpecificationEducation/ Qualification/ TrainingEssential
- Degree or Diploma in Occupational Therapy
- State Registration
- Fieldwork Educator Training
- UK Driving license with access to a vehicle with the requisite business insurance
- oMember of Royal College of Occupational Therapists
Knowledge and SkillsEssential
- Demonstrable experience highly related to the clinical field
- Experience of staff supervision
- Experience of CPD and role development activities
- Applied social, health and medical sciences required for the practice of Occupational Therapy including psychology, anatomy, physiology and sociology
- Applied psychological perspectives relevant to OT in mental health including behavioural, cognitive, psychoanalytic and humanistic perspectives
- The impact of mental health difficulties upon occupational functioning (self-care, productivity and leisure) and performance components (i.e. inter and intra personal, cognitive, physical)
- The theory and practice of occupational therapy including occupational science and holistic models of OT practice
- Clinical skills in order to carry out OT interventions (e.g. psychotherapeutic, interactive and activity based interventions, cognitive behavioural interventions, psychosocial and psycho-educational interventions)
- working application of risk assessment issues and its application to practice
- Equal Opportunities related to staff and Service Users
- the needs and rights of service users and / or carers in planning and service development
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Capacity to undertake physical skills required, facilitating a wide range of activities both on a one-to-one and group basis, including using equipment as required.
- Mental and emotional effort required to undertake intense concentration required for clinical consultations and interventions on both a one-to-one and group basis
- Mental and emotional effort required to undertake intense concentration for holistic formulations report writing etc. with frequent interruptions
East London NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Grove View Integrated Health and Care Hub
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.