We have an excellent opportunity for a band 5 physiotherapist in MSK. If you are at the point of your career where you want to establish more specialist skills & experience in MSK, or are newly qualified and know you want to specialise in MSK then this may be the role for you.Main duties of the job
Working as an autonomous clinician you will be responsible for assessing patients, discussing patient agreed goals and expectations, delivering highly skilled treatments and providing education for patients, carers and ensuring safe and timely discharges for patients.
You will be required to supervise and train more junior health care professionals.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate clinical reasoning and have the ability to explain their decisions and actions in a way that all concerned will be able to understand.
They must also be able to demonstrate proven team working, flexibility, good time management skills, organisational skills, and evidence of self-motivation.
They must also be able to demonstrate evidence of recent learning and examples of continued professional and clinical development.
The right candidate for this post will have appropriate experience and clearly able to demonstrate a desire to actively participate in all aspects of the job.
Above all you will deal with each and every situation following Compassion in Practice and the six key elements Care, Compassion, Courage, Competence, Communicating effectively and Commitment. As well as delivering the Trust, Divisional and Departmental objectives.
If this post interests you and you would like to know more about it - we would love to hear from you, so don't hesitate to ring us or arrange an informal visit. Please call Karen Oliver or Stephen Hoyle on 01706 235391About us
The Integrated Musculoskeletal, Pain and Rheumatology Service (IMPReS) covers the East Lancashire footprint of Burnley, Pendle, Rossendale, Hyndburn, Ribble Valley, Blackburn and Darwen. Our service is delivered across multiple sites and you will have the opportunity to work with highly skilled staff who will support you with regular supervision and training. This is a great opportunity to develop your clinical and leadership skills and the experience will provide a good stepping stone in preparation for a band 6 senior position.
Our staff are warm, friendly, supportive and dedicated professionals who will make you feel very welcome
The IMPReS service consists of:
- Integrated MSK comprised of G.P.s with a special interest in MSK, ESPs in Physiotherapy and Podiatry and highly skilled Physiotherapists.
- The Rheumatology MDT a dynamic team consisting of Rheumatology Consultants, Specialist Doctors, Specialist Physiotherapists, Specialist Occupational Therapists, Clinical Nurse Specialists (CNS), Podiatrists and Psychologists.
- The Pain Management Services an MDT consisting of PMS Consultants, Specialist Physiotherapists, Specialist Occupational Therapists, Clinical Nurse Specialists (CNS), Psychologists and a Pharmacist.
We support the Trust 24/7 agenda and operate extended hours services to meet our patients' needs and to offer them choice.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To provide a high standard of service to MSK patients within the Integrated MSK Service as set out in the attached job descriptionPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Diploma / Degree in Physiotherapy
- Health Professional Council Registration
- Member of the Chartered society of Physiotherapy
- Be an autonomous practitioner
- Demonstrable experience in NHS Setting
Desirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- Have completed core rotations as a student and/or rotational band 5
- Experience of working in a variety of settings and of treating patients with a variety of conditions
East Lancashire Hospitals NHS TrustAddress
ELHT across various sites
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.