This is an exciting opportunity to support project management activities for the implementation of the new Montagu Elective Orthopaedic Centre (MEOC). The successful candidate will form part of the project team and ensure that the new facility meets the needs of patients, partner providers and the wider SY ICB system, while adhering to best practices (including GIRFT) and safety standards.
You will be part of a diverse team of clinical, operational and project management professionals working at pace to deliver a new model of care for elective orthopaedics in a new building and will provide project management support across all aspects of the project from clinical and operational model implementation to recruitment, IT & Digital, communications and commercial activities.
Our team ethos prioritises collaboration, mentorship, and shared success, fostering an environment where every member is valued and empowered to contribute to our overarching objectives. We use MS Teams and work virtually wherever possible.Main duties of the job
The role entails several key aspects, which you will actively support, coordinate, or collaborate on:
- Align the MEOC project with the Trust's strategic goals.
- Employ internal Project Management tools and methodologies, while raising staff awareness through training and presentations.
- Create and manage standard project documents such as Project Initiation Documents, Stage Plans, Work Plans, and Project Closure documents.
- Prioritise your workload to meet task deadlines effectively.
- Collect, analyse, and disseminate data through appropriate channels like presentations and emails.
- Establish and sustain strong relationships with key stakeholders while managing project dependencies.
- Complete agendas, meeting documents, and minutes promptly in line with project targets.
- Collaborate with the Project Director on process mapping and re-engineering.
- Formulate and maintain methodologies for managing project risks, issues, and benefits.
- Review post-implementation outcomes and incorporate lessons learned for future projects.
- Investigate and suggest improvements to service efficiency using advanced analytical skills.
- Generate and share complex monthly project reports as directed by Project Leadership.
Doncaster & Bassetlaw NHS FT is one of Yorkshire's Leading acute trusts, serving a population of more than 420,000 across South Yorkshire, North Nottinghamshire, and the surrounding areas. Our services are based over three main hospital sites employing over 6,000 colleagues.
It is our goal to give those who join Team DBTH the tools and opportunities to grow their career, so whether you spend just one year or fifty with us, it's our pledge to help youDevelop
As an organisation that supports flexible working, we want to be sure that you can work in a way that is best for us and for our patients, and for you. Speak to us about how we might be able to support a flexible working arrangement. If it works for the service, we will do our best to make it work for you.
As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applicants from all sectors of the community, particularly from under-represented groups including those with disabilities, members of our ethnic minorities and LGBTQ+ communities. We offer a range of benefits including:
o Extensive range of learning opportunities o NHS Pension Schemeo Generous holiday entitlement commencing at 27 days holiday per year plus bank holidays (pro rata).o Comprehensive health and wellbeing supporto NHS Car Lease schemes and a range of salary sacrifice schemeo Discounts on restaurants, getaways, shopping and finance through external providers.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached job description and person specification for full role details.
If you are inspired by the opportunity to positively contribute to our exciting future by being part of our amazing team, please apply today. For further information and an informal discussion about the role please contact James Nicholls on firstname.lastname@example.org.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- A Levels / NVQ III equivalent qualification, preferably in Business and Administration or related subject
- Good IT skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite to ECDL level or equivalent demonstrable experience
- Project management qualification
- Project Management experience
- Experience of being part of successful multi disciplinary project teams
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Good level of knowledge of Service Delivery within the NHS
Doncaster & Bassetlaw Teaching Hospitals NHS FTAddress
Montagu Hospital Mexborough
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.