About the Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a post as Support Manager for Specialty Medicine. Applications are invited from dynamic, enthusiastic and forward thinking individuals who are looking to showcase their potential.Main duties of the job
You will assist in the delivery of Service Targets, streamlining administrative processes, line manage the Specialty Co-ordinators and ensure the day to day operational running of the departments is smooth. You will work closely with Consultants and their medical teams, Nurses and administrative staff. You will provide managerial support to Management and the Clinical Directors.About us
Our Trust is situated in the beautiful county of Lincolnshire and is one of the biggest acute hospital trusts in England, serving a population of more than 700,000 people. We provide acute and specialist services to people in Lincolnshire and neighbouring counties. We have an annual income of �643 million (20/21) and we employ nearly 8,500 people.
Our Board have recently agreed a new vision statement - Outstanding Care Personally Delivered - stating their ambition for our Trust to be among the best.
We also have a five year Integrated Improvement Plan setting out how we will achieve our strategic objectives, for patients, services, people and partners, the last recognising that our future success depends on our ability to ensure the Lincolnshire healthcare system is successful in achieving its ambition to help people live healthier lives and provide care closer to where people live.
Our latest CQC report increased our ratings for being effective and well-led from 'Requires Improvement' to 'Good'. Our rating for caring remained as 'Good'.
This is in recognition of the huge amount of work that our amazing staff have done to improve the quality of care for our patients in recent years.
We are committed to helping our staff balance their work and home lives and ensure they feel supported, valued and appreciatedJob descriptionJob responsibilitiesWhat should you do next?
Have a look at the job description and if you like what you see then apply today. Dont miss this fantastic opportunity to work with a great team in a supportive environment within a great institution. your NHS needs you!!!Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Managerial qualification or similar experience.
- GCSE (or equivalent) English, Mathematics grades A-C
- Proven experience and success of change management
- Experience of working in a supervisory capacity
- Significant administrative experience
- Validation experience
- Understands the acute trust environment and the obstacles in achieving Trust priorities
- Previous NHS experience
- Proven ability in supervision of staff
- Excellent organisational skills
- Evidence of problem solving skills
- Comprehensive PC skills including databases, word-processing and e-mail
- Influence and persuasion skills in order to deal with staff at all levels (including senior medical staff)
- Enthusiastic, highly motivated and committed to a developing service
- Ability to initiate and co-ordinate change to working practices
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and able to demonstrate good listening skills.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team
- Demonstrates the ability to empower team members and leads by example
- Ability to engage with internal and external stakeholders, including clinical workforce.
- Ability to generate and share best practice and new ways of working in a professional and championing manner.
- Demonstrates confidence when providing advice and support to managers and staff.
- Ability to build authentic business-based relationships with peers, managers, colleagues and the wider NHS community.
- Demonstrates personal credibility and integrity at all times
- Awareness and Knowledge of the dignity in care agenda
- Ability to evidence/demonstrate key values and behaviours in line with the Trust framework
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Familiarity with medical terminology
- Demonstrate experience of NHS Access targets
United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS TrustAddress
United Lincolnshire Hospital Trust
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.