We are looking for an ambitious, self-motivated, organised and adaptable individual to join the Clinical Governance Team within Surgery. Our services include: Acute & Specialist Surgery, Oncology, Head & Neck, Trauma and Theatres & Anaesthetics. Clinical Governance is central to improving the safety, quality and effectiveness of the services we provide.
You will engage with patients and staff across the division to co-ordinate investigations, oversee the incident reporting system and be actively involved in the management of the risk register.
To succeed in this role, you will require excellent communication skills via all mediums, whilst having the confidence to offer necessary challenge and present reports to a variety of stakeholders. The environment is fast paced and ever changing, therefore time management skills, coping with a busy and evolving workload and the ability to perform under pressure are essential.
You will be required to use initiative and work independently but also work as part of the Clinical Governance Team to contribute to the departments key objectives to improve patient safety.
Interview date to be confirmed and will be held in person.Main duties of the job
You will support the clinical governance, quality and safety agenda across the Division of Surgery working closely as a team. The main duties include:
- Review of patient safety incidents to ensure that the appropriate processes are followed.
- Have oversight and provide advice and guidance to teams on the management of risks.
- To support the creation of action plans and monitoring of these to provide assurance .
- Assist the Governance and Risk Managers with the establishment and implementation of systems and processes to support effective clinical governance.
- Data collection and analysis to produce reports for a variety of meetings for different stakeholders.
- Leading Patient Safety Investigations and coordination/writing of reports.
- Oversee audit and policy administration, complaints management and standards implementation.
Working with us will give you great job satisfaction and a sense of pride that every activity you do genuinely does make a difference to support our patients and staff, ensuring we continue to deliver outstanding healthcare. As part of the role you will interact with people from many different backgrounds and specialities and will work in a way that reflects the the Trust values in everything you do . Your contribution will make an impact were you will be challenged to think differently and support the continuous improvement of our services.About us
We have 10,000 fantastic people working hard to deliver quality services to our patients. Whatever your role, you help look after 370,000 people in our local area & give specialist care to 1.5 million people across Lancashire & Cumbria.
Working with us gives you the knowledge and sense of pride that every activity you do genuinely does make a difference to support our patients & staff, ensuring we keep thriving & delivering outstanding healthcare right across our local towns.
You'll have access to varied development opportunities, learn new skills, meet fab people & do things you'd never have done. You'll learn about working in a hospital, interacting with people from all different roles to build skills & enhance your career path.
You'll make an impact, be challenged to think differently, be bold & help innovate to keep improving things. Everything we do centres around patient care which means your role is pivotal and something really to be proud of.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Person SpecificationKnowledge and ExperienceEssential
- A good working awareness and knowledge of Clinical Governance and Risk Management.
- Knowledge of NHS policy and structure.
- Understanding of incident investigation.
- Excellent communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organisation and key stakeholders.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to engage individuals in proactive approaches to problem solving.
- Ability to manage and coordinate responses to incident investigation.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure.
- Intermediate IT skills experience of working with excel spreadsheets, databases and information systems
- Ability to maintain accurate and detailed information and to use data management systems for the effective recording of data.
- Ability to analyse data and produce effective and accurate data reports.
- Ability to produce written reports to a standard that is acceptable to a range of audiences (internal and external).
- Ability to deliver training to a variety of stakeholders as appropriate to the role.
- Ability to deal with difficult and sensitive situations with tact, diplomacy and professionalism.
- A desire to work within and contribute to a culture that is positive, dynamic, forward thinking and outcomes focused.
- Commitment to working collaboratively with co-workers, colleagues and other professionals to facilitate positive outcomes for patients.
- Understanding of the importance of, and commitment to maintaining confidentiality and data protection.
- A commitment to equality of opportunity and anti-discriminatory practice that is reflected in professional relationships with patients, colleagues and the general public.
- A highly motivated individual who takes pride in their work and has a drive to succeed.
- A confident and assertive manner who is sensitive to the needs of others.
- A good working awareness and knowledge of Clinical Governance and Risk Management
- Experience of organising meetings and taking minutes/notes
- Experience of working under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Knowledge of NHS policy and structure.
- Working knowledge of undertaking incident investigation and the completion of root cause analysis
Qualifications and EducationEssential
- Knowledge and experience of undertaking audits.
- Experience of working within an NHS setting.
- Experience of supporting the delivery of training.
- Experience of investigating incidents within an NHS/health related setting.
- Experience of implementing new systems and processes.
- Experience of report writing for a varied audience
- Experience of data analysis to extract key themes
- Experience of presenting to various audiences
- Educated to NVQ Level 3/ A Level
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Educated to degree level
- Experience of continuing professional development
Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal Preston Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.