Would you like the opportunity to expand your skills, and be part of evolving and developing services? We are looking for a highly experienced, enthusiastic and motivated Theatre Practitioner to join our team as a Senior Theatre Practitioner in our Constable Theatres team in Trauma and Orthopaedics at Colchester Hospital. This post is part time 19 hours per week.
You will need to effectively manage and develop a nursing team to provide professional and clinical leadership in the delivery of high quality, safe, cost effective care of patients.
You will have a particular interest in supporting our newly qualified practitioners with double-scrubbing and the attainment of clinical competence.
You will have the opportunity to develop and supplement the existing education within Constable Theatres.
You will be confident engaging across the multi-disciplinary platform.
For this role you must have proven extensive experience in trauma and orthopaedics. In 2024 elective orthopaedic surgical services will transfer to our brand new state-of-the-art specialist centre for elective orthopaedics at Colchester Hospital. More information can be found atwww.tiny.cc/bigbuildcolchester.
This role will be subject to a formal staff consultation process during 2023. Opportunities will exist for you within the organisation if you choose not to move to the new centre. Main duties of the job
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to use their broad knowledge of trauma and orthopaedics procedures and associated instrumentation to provide patient centred care.
For this role you will:
- Be keen to develop as a multi skilled theatre practitioner
- Use your passion for education and developing others
- Use your good organisational and clinical skills, and support clinical excellence by developing student learning
- Help drive change and be progressive and innovative
- Assist in undertaking audit and research
- Use your excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills, communicating well with all staff members and external organisations
- Be part of collaborative working and actively supporting and liaising with other healthcare professionals in the organisation
One of the largest Trust's in East Anglia, East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust (ESNEFT) provide hospital and community health services to people living across a wide geographical area. We deliver care from two main hospitals in Colchester and Ipswich, six community hospitals and in patients' own homes. You will be joining a team of over 11,000 amazing colleagues providing care to 800,000 residents.
Along with supporting you to achieve your career goals we offer a generous pension scheme, 27 days annual leave on commencement (pro rata) and access to a range of NHS discounts. Our Staff Health and Wellbeing programme offer a range of services including mental health support. We offer a range of flexible working opportunities.
Our philosophy is that Time Matters to everyone. Across the Trust, we concentrate on improving the things we do and removing those which do not work or cause time delays for our staff and patients.
To support our employees to achieve their career aspirations you may be eligible to obtain a qualification via an apprenticeship. All successful applicants will be required to undertake a skills review to facilitate this. For full details please see the attached Apprenticeship Handbook
If you are passionate about patient care and want to develop your skills and knowledge then we are keen to hear from you.
Find out about living and working with us - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkPu7HphU8AJob descriptionJob responsibilitiesFor full details of the responsibilities and duties of this role please see the attached job description.Person SpecificationQualificationEssential
- Registered Nurse or ODP with current registration
- Mentorship Qualification /Trust Student Assessment Course
- Trained appraiser or willingness to obtain
- Advanced Competencies
- Proven post registration experience performing as a Scrub Practitioner within the speciality of Orthopaedics
- Evidence of attending and applying into practice training related to a theatre speciality
- Acquired level of knowledge and skills sufficient to provide 24 hour service provision
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of service development or improvement project
- Advanced Life Support
East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.