Due to service expansion we are looking for motivated individuals to take their next career step as a Resuscitation Officer.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals to play a key role in a team responsible for delivery of high quality resuscitation services across Cambridge University Hospitals.
You will be part of the cardiac arrest team, teach on resuscitation courses and participate with improvement projects and audits which will contribute to improved patient care and outcomes.
You will be a qualified nurse, midwife, paramedic or ODP with experience in acute or critical care. It is desirable to hold ALS and/or EPALS Instructor status and hold a recognised teaching qualification but not essential. You should have good interpersonal, organisational and managerial skills and be computer literate.Main duties of the job
Assist in the implementation of a Trust wide Resuscitation training programme to ensure clinical staff are competent in the current resuscitation skills recommended by the Resuscitation Council (UK)About usCome Nurse with us...
Cambridge University Hospitals (CUH) NHS Foundation Trust is one of the largest teaching Trusts in the country. It comprises Addenbrooke's Hospital and the Rosie Hospital. We provide accessible high-quality healthcare for the local people of Cambridge and regional and national specialist services. It's a great place to nurse, work and live.
You will work on a vibrant hospital campus with a friendly community feel we have excellent facilities to practise your skills and abilities to support your career pathway and development. Our values of Together - Safe, Kind, Excellent
support the delivery of outstanding care. We have a fully electronic patient record system that is improving health-care quality this is transforming services, improving patient safety and clinical outcomes.
CUH is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves. We value our differences and fully advocate and support an inclusive working environment where every individual can fulfil their potential. We want to ensure our people are truly representative of all the communities that we serve. We welcome applications for all positions in the organisation irrespective of people's age, disability, ethnicity, race, nationality, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity status or social economic background.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached Applicant Information Pack (combined Job Description and Person Specification) for key duties and responsibilities.
A welcome subsidy of �1000 is available to all Band 5 and Band 6 Nurses, Midwives, ODPs and Radiographers taking up substantive employment with the Trust.
This vacancy will close on 24th September 2023
Interviews are due to be held on 6th October 2023 Why choose Cambridge University Hospitals?
Benefits to you
- Our values and reputation for outstanding care
- Opportunities to experience a range of specialities
- Career and development opportunities
- Preceptorship and mentoring programmes delivered by a dedicated clinical education support team
- Research experience and opportunities
- Lovely location and quality of life
- Excellent schools/colleges and transport links (road, rail and air)
We offer development opportunities and a wide range of benefits including on-site leisure facilities, shopping concourse, day nurseries and access to a great transport system with easy access to airports and rail travel.
Please note if you would like to discuss the required hours of this role further, you should approach the contact given. In some cases alternative working hours will be considered.
We welcome applications from the Armed Forces.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Current qualification with any of the below: Registered Nurse or Midwife Paramedic qualification Or Operating Department Practitioner Current ALS/EPLS or NLS Provider
- EPLS Instructor ALS Instructor or ILS Instructor NLS instructor Qualification in teaching and assessment
- Clinical practice in an acute area and experience of teaching/developing supervising and mentoring staff Experience in caring for Paediatric patients Evidence of involvement in the delivery resuscitation training to clinical staff within an acute Hospital setting Ability to deliver simulation training with advanced manikins
- Experience of holding a cardiac arrest bleep Experience in attending births
- Current Resuscitation Council (UK) guidelines on Resuscitation Awareness of the recommendations for the requirements of resuscitation training within an acute Hospital Trust setting Sound awareness of : Health & Safety Risk management procedures Clinical Governance NMC Code of Conduct and guideline of professional practice Basic knowledge of Research, Audit and Data collection Ability to apply current Research
- Previous experience in the delivery of resuscitation training in an acute Hospital setting Experience with audit/research and data collection Experience in data presentation
Desirable Additional RequirementsEssential
- Ability to assist with the development of the Resuscitation service and maintain high standards Ability to work with other teams of staff Ability to work autonomously Ability to plan, organise and prioritise work using time management skills Computer skills eg Power Point Self-motivated Evidence of good interpersonal skills Proven verbal and communication skills specifically in presentation of educational material Ability to remain calm and work effectively in an emergency situation Ability to identify problems relating to resuscitation issues and be pro-active in the management of any issues arising Readiness to adapt to meet the needs of the Service
Employer detailsEmployer name
- The ability to understand and behave at all times, towards patients, visitors and colleagues according to the Trust values of Safe, Kind, Excellent. Flexible approach to working in line with service requirements
Cambridge University Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Addenbrookes Hospital-Division A
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.