The Communications team provides the full range of corporate internal and external communications, including creative and marketing services, stakeholder and media relations and internal communications for The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust.
Under the direction of the Senior Communications Manager, the successful candidate will provide general day-to-day communications and engagement advice and support, including leading internal and external campaigns that utilise a range of different channels for different audiences.
The postholder will be an excellent communicator with experience of running internal, external and digital communications across multiple channels and targeting diverse audiences. You will be technically proficient, with a thorough and up-to-date understanding of the roles of different platforms within an overall communications strategy.Main duties of the job
Provide a high-standard communications service from start to completion for a wide range of internal and external communications to timescales, deadlines and within budgetary requirements under the guidance of the Senior Communications Manager.
Ensure that all information - from corporate information to news updates and positive messages - can easily flow through the organisation.
Take a proactive approach to communications and engagement, with regular horizon scanning to help the Communications team's activities have the maximum impact and remain cutting-edge.
Supporting the Chief Communications Officer and wider Communications team in the development and execution of the Trust's communications plan. This includes taking a project management role in developing strategies and action plans for key corporate priorities and programmes.
Lead and manage digital communications campaigns and projects across the Trust's external website, internal website and all social media platforms.About us
Flexibility, creativity and collaboration skills are a must. The postholder will be expected to work with internal and external customers to understand their requirements, manage their expectations and deliver results in a busy communications service. Collaborating closely with diverse groups and individuals, the ideal candidate will possess excellent interpersonal skills, strong diplomacy, influencing skills and self-confidence.
As part of the team, you will be responsible for ensuring that our day-to-day communications activity is delivered on time, to a high quality and with a creative mindset. You will work as part of the team to support a caring and learning culture that supports the service to be the best it can be and enables the Trust to deliver its values.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesFor full duties and responsibilities please refer to the attached document entitled job description.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
Knowledge Behaviours and ExperienceEssential
- Relevant degree level qualification or equivalent professional communications qualification or experience.
- Evidence of continuing professional development with strong communications and engagement element.
- Experience of writing complex press releases, handling media enquiries and briefing and supporting staff and journalists with media interviews.
- Strong understanding and appreciation of full range of social media channels and their optimal use within an overall communications strategy
- Experience of working in a highly pressured, deadline-driven and customer-focused environment, delivering a high volume of work within timescales, deadlines and within budget.
- Experience of sourcing and creating strong communications content for deployment to both internal and external audiences, including writing engaging newsletter and video content
- Experience of delivering communications strategies, plans and campaigns.
- Working knowledge and experience of using Microsoft tools, including PowerPoint, Teams, Word, Excel etc.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Demonstrated experience in a communications role in a large organisation.
- Experience of working in the NHS.
- Previous experience of working and building relationships with partner organisations.
- Confident in using and advising on the latest digital tools, including video, podcast, virtual meeting platforms and social media tools.
The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS TrustAddress
Royal Shrewsbury Hospital
Mytton Oak Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.