Applications are welcome from candidates with administrative backgrounds/experiences, preferably with rota management and rostering database experience.
The Medical Rota role supports the efficient running and management of the medical rotas within Women & Children's Division at Newham University Hospital.
We are looking for someone who is organised, flexible and an efficient administrator with good communication and computer-based skills.
This is a demanding role that requires a high level of attention to detail and working to deadlines.
Knowledge of organising/working with rotas would be welcome, otherwise need to be able to demonstrate learning potential. Immediate start welcome. Main duties of the job
Interviews potential w/c 2 October. About us
- To collaborate with operational and medical manager to gather the necessary rota information and produce timely schedules that correlate to the resourcing requirements for Women & Children Medical teams.
- To use the health rostering, IT Systems in use. Such as excel, payment software systems to upload, allocate and distribute clinical rotas.
- To adjust the rotas and accommodate any exceptional requirements. strike
- To support with filling clinical rota gaps on a weekly and daily basis to avoid clinical impacts.
- To build relationships with medical teams, bank partners and other key stakeholders to facilitate the fillings of sessions at short notices.
- To make sure that the rota information is updated in real time to avoid any issues with payroll and to inform payment of staff.
- To ensure the health roster records are kept up to date for staff absences.
- To finalise the medical rota in a timely and accurate manner to avoid delays for payroll purposes.
- To utilise databases and spreadsheets for information recording and retrieval
- To produce exceptional rota reports to inform analysis as required.
- To assist with data collection for audit purposes, contributing to reports that are presented at Board level meetings such as FPG.
Barts Health is one of the largest NHS trusts in the country, and one of Britain's leading healthcare providers.
The Barts Health group of NHS hospitals is entering an exciting new era on our improvement journey to becoming an outstanding organisation with a world-class clinical reputation. Having lifted ourselves out of special measures, we now have the impetus and breathing space to chart a fresh course in which we are continually striving to improve all our services for patients.
Our vision is to be a high-performing group of NHS hospitals, renowned for excellence and innovation, and providing safe and compassionate care to our patients in east London and beyond. That means being a provider of excellent patient safety, known for delivering consistently high standards of harm-free care and always caring for patients in the right place at the right time. It also means being an outstanding place to work, in which ourWeCarevalues and behaviours are visible to all and guide us in how we work together. We strive to live by our WeCare values and are committed to promoting inclusion, where every staff member has a sense of belonging. We value our differences and fully advocate, cultivate and support an inclusive working environment.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The full job description provides an overview of the key tasks and responsibilities of the role, and the person specification outlines the qualifications, skills, experience, and knowledge required. For both documents, please view the attachment/s below.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Diploma/or equivalent in a relevant field / with significant medical staffing experience.
Skills & KnowledgeEssential
- Experience of working with senior clinicians and management
- Experience in the use of DRS Junior doctors software and production of rotas ensuring compliance or willing to undertake training
- Experience of advising managers re rotas and absences
- Experience of managing a varied workload, often under pressure
- Influencing and negotiating skills
- Effective and timely communication, verbal, written and non-verbal
- Problem solving ability
- Terms and Conditions for medical staff
- Recognise a problem and single-handedly
- Analyse problem not necessarily covered by Trust policy and compute the implications to the trust
- I.T. Skills - Microsoft Office Team working
- Experience of chairing meetings
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Flexible and adaptable approach to prioritising work
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
Barts Health NHS TrustAddress
Newham University Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.