We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Safeguarding Lead to join the Norfolk and Waveney Children and Young People's Health Services Safeguarding Team. If you are a Specialist Community Public Health Nurse or a qualified Social Worker with an interest in leadership as well as safeguarding expertise and knowledge, including experience in supporting learning, we would like to hear from you.
Please note that should we receive a high number of applications, we reserve the right to close the advert earlier than advertised.Main duties of the job
We are seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic person who will contribute to safeguarding children and young people in Norfolk, working in partnership with other agencies as well as supporting and training the wider workforce. You will have operational leadership responsibilities across Norwich and South Norfolk, working collaboratively across localities. You will work closely with other leadership colleagues in the service ensuring that quality and improving outcomes is at the heart of everything we do and contribute to the ongoing development of the 0-19 Healthy Child Programme, including our digital service offer justonenorfolk.nhs.uk.About us
Rated 'Outstanding' by the Care Quality Commission, we are proud to provide high quality innovative services across most of the east of England that enable people to receive care closer to home and live healthier lives.
There's one reason why our services are outstanding - and that's our amazing staff - who, for the seventh year running, rated us incredibly highly in the national staff survey.
If you share our passion for innovative and high-quality care delivery, then please submit your application and join us on our exciting journey as a leading-edge specialist community provider. All are welcome to apply and our promise to you is a culture which prioritises staff engagement and development.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
1. To lead on development of defined areas of safeguarding practice as determined by NamedProfessional and Head of Safeguarding.2. To provide support and leadership within and across Cambridgeshire Community Services onall matters relating to safeguarding children.3. To contribute to the design and implementation of the safeguarding children strategy inconjunction with the safeguarding team promoting evidence based practice in safeguardingwithin Cambridgeshire Community Services NHS Trust (CCS).4. To ensure that there is robust and effective clinical governance of safeguarding childrenprocesses in place.5. To provide safeguarding advice, support and safeguarding supervision to frontline staffworking with children, young people and their families.6. To work as part of the safeguarding team in the Norfolk Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub(MASH) ensuring effective timely communication and information sharing both internally andexternally which supports multidisciplinary/interagency working7. To be an integral part of the Locality leadership team, working alongside other Band 7colleagues under the leadership of the Head of Locality to promote a high quality, efficient andeffective service8. To participate in the design, implementation and delivery of the Trusts safeguarding trainingstrategy and the safeguarding audit programme.9. To participate and represent the safeguarding team on identified multi-agency sub-groups andmeetings and work with partner agencies to facilitate the learning from multi-agency review.10. To support and provide safeguarding advice within Just One Number and to support the JustOne Norfolk Digital Platform.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- First level Registered Nurse or Social Worker
- Current NMC Registered Specialist Practitioner in school nursing/health visiting/paediatrics/midwifery/Social Work England registration
- First Degree
- Evidence of further training/education in Safeguarding Children
- NSPCC or other Trust accredited safeguarding children supervision training or other relevant training.
- Recognised professional teaching qualification
- Relevant post qualification experience working in specialist practitioner role
- Experience of working autonomously in their role working with children and young people
- Relevant experience of safeguarding children
- Demonstrates a good understanding of Legislation and National Guidelines that drive safeguarding policy and practice
- Knowledge of models of supervision
- Understanding of multi-agency frameworks and child protection
- Experience of working in MASH or multi-agency setting
- Experience of providing clinical supervision and mentoring
- Leadership experience / Experience of being a Domestic Violence Champion or Neglect Champion.
- Demonstrates an ability identify and manage safeguarding concerns within current practice.
- Demonstrates an ability to remain child focused and facilitate the Think Family approach with health practitioners
- Demonstrates professional curiosity and the ability to manage appropriate professional challenge in safeguarding work.
- Ability to communicate effectively : verbally, in writing and via other media (ie power point, teaching presentations, )
- Ability to demonstrate effective team and multi-agency collaborative working.
- Demonstrates an awareness of safeguarding in relation to the development of Just One Number service and digital platform
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Supervision skills both individual and group facilitation skills.
Cambridgeshire Community Services NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.