An opportunity has arisen for an experienced research midwife to join the Maternal and Child Health research team at Bradford Teaching Hospitals as Senior Research Midwife. The post holder will be responsible for leading the development and conduct of the portfolio of research activity within the Maternal and Child Health Research Department at the Women's and Newborn Unit and Bradford Institute for Health Research. They will be responsible for ensuring the production of good quality research aimed at improving patient safety and quality of care. The post involves leading the management of NIHR Clinical research trials across obstetrics and gynaecology, as part of the multidisciplinary team, working in close collaboration with clinical and research colleagues and as part of the wider clinical research team in the BIHR. Summary of most important Experience/Skills/Qualifications required:
The role requires an experienced Registered Midwife with experience of clinical research delivery in Reproductive Health and Childbirth. Essential requirements include GCP training, excellent communication skills both written and verbal, ability to work on own initiative working autonomously and as part of a multi - professional team. The post holder will be organised, motivated and have good attention to detail. IT skills essential.Main duties of the job
The post holder will work with clinical and research colleagues at the Bradford Women's and Newborn Unit and Bradford Institute for Health Research to lead the team recruiting to the comprehensive research network portfolio of clinical trials. Their role will be to develop and enhance the capacity and capability of the teams to undertake high quality clinical research by developing knowledge, skills and practice within the team. The post holder will support the core management team in developing the clinical trials unit to meet future service needs and will report to the trust Research Matron.
- To lead the development and conduct of a defined portfolio of research activity within the Maternal and Child Health Research Department with support from senior research and clinical colleagues
- Input research ideas and determine own day-to-day operation within agreed parameters of specific projects
- Manage specific research projects under the guidance of the obstetric research lead.
- Maintain a professional and approachable manner with all colleagues and other individuals
- Demonstrate a personal duty of care in relation to equipment and resources
- Be responsible for developing and sustaining own knowledge, clinical skills and professional awareness.
- Agree a personal development plan and take responsibility for own continuing development maintaining a portfolio in accordance with the Trusts IPR policy and NMC and any research study requirements
At Bradford Teaching Hospitals we're passionate about providing outstanding care for the people of the Bradford district and communities across the North of England. We're keen to meet people interested in sharing our passion and helping us continue to deliver the highest quality of care to our patients.
We're a renowned teaching hospital trust at the forefront of research, education and development, with a state-of-the-art simulation and skills training centre on site.
In short, we can help you lift your career to the next level. We've received huge investment to improve patient care which means we have truly world-class facilities including a brand-new neonatal suite, state-of-the-art intensive care unit, a newly refurbished A& E department, new children's unit and a welcoming, modern atrium and reception area for staff and visitors.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached for the job description document for this post for further details in regards to the main responsibilities of the role.
Closing date may change dependent on the responsePerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered Midwife
- Advanced diploma or degree in Midwifery or health related subject
- Post registration / post graduate training in research methods
- Current certificates in GCP or similar
- Registered midwife
- Recent and significant experience post registration
- Prior experience of research / audit
- Experience of leading trial set up
- Experience of data management
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively on many levels
- Extremely well organised, good attention to detail, able to prioritise tasks to meet deadlines and time management skills
- Working independently and seeking advice when necessary
- Working across the professional teams, organisational boundaries
- Working with patients and their relatives/advocates (from a range of diverse backgrounds) as research /audit participants
- Good IT skills and familiarity with MS Office applications
- Ability to manage multiple projects at various stages of development.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Understanding of Information Governance and Confidentiality
- Knowledge and understanding of research governance regulations and guidance and associated good clinical practice
- Awareness of equality and diversity
- Knowledge and understanding of the research process
- Understanding of a range of methodological research skills
Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Bradford Teaching Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.