closer to home.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Adult Bladder and Bowel Service based at Finchley Memorial Hospital working with our amazing team of nurses who work in both clinic and home settings across the London Borough of Barnet. This role is specifically to support patients with catheters.
Our ideal candidate must be a car driver and a registered nurse who has had previous experience in the field of catheterisation, be extremely well organised, flexible, approachable, professional and above all compassionate to the needs of both patients and team members within the service and other health professionals. You will need to have a good sense of humour in order to blend well within the team, and a calm and considered approach to your work.Main duties of the job
Essentially you will have a wide range of IT and computer skills, including experience using System One, and feel confident in using bespoke systems with training and a range of other software packages. You will have an excellent range of communication and customer care skills, and will thrive on being part of a team, but also able to work effectively with minimal supervision.About us
Just as we care about our patients' wellbeing, we care about yours!
We can offer you:
- A comprehensive induction into the community service followed by a local induction to introduce you to the role
- Single occupancy accommodation in Central London - (we can help you find accommodation in London, support you with your deposit)
- Support with gaining your driving license *T& C's apply
- Car lease scheme *T& C's apply
- Flexible working options
- Annual travel card loan
- Training, support and development in your career
To have a full look at our benefits and what it's like working for us please go here: https://www.clch.nhs.uk/job/pay-and-benefitsJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to Job description and personal Specification for outline of skills, knowledge and experience required. Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- To provide robust and credible specialist continence nursing care under the direction of the Clinical Lead. To provide evidence-based holistic care to patients/carers with promotion of continence needs across The London Borough of Barnet.
- To work within the Adult Bladder & Bowel Service Specialist Team providing catheter care to include-Trial Without Catheter (TWOC), routine catheter changes, clean intermittent self-catheterisation (CISC), clean intermittent self-dilatation (CISD), catheter related troubleshooting (SoS) assessment , management plans and clinical care of a high standard to patients, for bladder and/or bowel dysfunction, in their own homes, Residential Care Homes and clinic base.
- Registered Nurse with current UK NMC registration
- Qualifications, training, and development relevant to the post.
- Evidence of competency within bladder and bowel care (i.e. bladder & bowel distance learning)
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of Clinical Supervision
- Teaching or Training Qualification
Central London Community Health TrustAddress
Finchley Memorial Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.