Having received a significant investment into our team, allowing us to grow our numbers, we are looking for new team members to join us.
If you have already gained experience as a practicing Pharmacist and are ready for you next step in hospital Pharmacy, we would love to hear from you, or maybe you are looking to experience a different Trust - well Milton Keynes Hospital ranks highly in the best place to work, so do get in touch.
We have vacancies for Specialist Pharmacists (Band 7). These posts will offer you year long rotations through the clinical specialities and Antimicrobial Stewardship to really develop your knowledge and expertise and allow you to get more involved with the wider work of Pharmacy and the Trust.
We will provide you with all training and encourage you to develop your leadership skills ready for the next steps in your career. If you are driven, enthusiastic and passionate about ensuring patients get the best from their medicine, we would love to hear from you. If you would like further information, please contact Jill McDonald, Deputy Chief Pharmacist, firstname.lastname@example.org Interview date: Week commencing 09-10-2023Main duties of the job
You will be a pharmacist with a hospital background and who is keen to make a difference and develop our service. You will be passionate about providing the best possible care for patients and seizing opportunities to improve services. You will have excellent teamworking skills to fully participate in MDT working.
In return, you will be supported by the Pharmacy Service to grow in your chosen profession. You will have the opportunity to develop your own skills and undertake your own professional development.
If you would like to discuss the role further, please do get in touch.About us
You can expect a warm welcome at Milton Keynes University Hospital, our staff are friendly and welcoming. We listen to each other and work together to embed our Trusts values and behaviours. At MKUH we appreciate our staff and reward them with an outstanding benefits package including:
- Free on-site parking
- Free tea and coffee
- Great flexible workingopportunities
- Discounted gym membership
- Lease car scheme
- Generous annual leave and pension scheme
- On site nursery (chargeable)
- Extensive staff health and well-being programme
Milton Keynes University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, in partnership with the University of Buckingham, is a University Teaching Hospital we conduct research and teaching on site to improve the care of our patients. The hospital is undergoing significant investment, and we are proud to be rated good by the CQC. Visit our website to catch up on our latest news.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the Job Description for full detailsPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- To support the Divisional teams and Clinical Service Units in delivering a consistently high quality patient care and pharmacy service across a variety of different specialties, on a rotational basis (normally 12 months).
- To facilitate and support the optimal and affordable use of medicines
- To comply with pharmacy procedures, clinical governance, quality assurance and risk management Key working relations
- o MPharm Degree (or equivalent)
- oRegistered Pharmacist (GPhC)
- oPostgraduate Certificate in Clinical Pharmacy (or equivalent)
- oEvidence of ongoing CPD in line with GPhC requirements
- oPostgraduate Diploma in Clinical Pharmacy (or equivalent)
- oMember of RPS
- oExperience of Hospital Pharmacy Practice
- oEvidence of broad clinical experience
- oEvidence of experience of Clinical Audit
- oEvidence of basic understanding of MI
- oEvidence of significant contribution to innovative or developmental roles and activities within pharmacy
- oEvidence of understanding of clinical risk and clinical governance
- oAbility to carry out day to day responsibilities and deal effectively with unexpected demands
- oDemonstrates initiative especially in relation to problem solving
- oEffective and safe pharmaceutical skills
- oUnderstanding of the national and local HNS priorities
- oPrevious experience of supervising staff
- oEvidence of previous training experience
- oEvidence of effective and timely project delivery
- oEvidence of CPD to meet GPhC standards
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oAbility and willingness to take responsibility for own actions and lead when required, including when on call
- oAble to perform the duties of the post with reasonable aids and adaptations
Milton Keynes University Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Milton Keynes University Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.