The Head of Operations is responsible for Operational management of the service, focussing on acute flow both in and out of hours, ensuring Trust bed resources are used to maximum efficiency, while ensuring safety, quality, and performance are delivered. Main duties of the job
To be responsible for the operational management of the site and patient flow across the hospital including:
- Providing visible proactive leadership to the service, acting as the key senior lead for issues, challenges, and escalation.
- Work collaboratively with the Care Groups to provide assurance that robust systems for site and patient flow are in place and that quality patient led services are delivered consistently.
- Collaborate with Care Group teams, to ensure Trust wide operational priorities are identified and delivered on a daily basis with robust plans from the Care Group for out of hours.
- Provide leadership to the key functions of:
- Site Operations Team
- Non-Elective improvement and all associated stakeholders
We are one of the largest hospital trusts in England, with five hospitals and community clinics serving a local population of around 800,000 people. Our vision is 'great healthcare from great people'.
Everything we do is guided b y o ur values: 'People feel cared for, safe, respected and confident that we are making a difference'.
We have a new way of working at East Kent Hospitals, called 'We care'. It'sabout empowering frontline staff to lead improvements day to day. We're looking for compassionate people to be part of our improvement journey for the patients, families and carers we care for every day.
Applications for this role should be written by the applicant. If artificial intelligence (AI) programmes are used then the application may be rejected due to this document being an important part of the assessment process. This does not prevent applicants seeking appropriate support with applications should they need to for the purposes of any declared disability.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached Job Description for this role, which details the responsibilities and person specification.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Masters or demonstration of equivalent substantial continuing professional development.
- Management qualification or relevant experience
- Qualification in management coaching or improvement
- Substantial experience of senior management in a relevant healthcare provider, in a multi- disciplinary environment
- Experience of developing and/or sustaining a culture consistent with Trust values
- Proven track record of management of budgets, including development of cost efficiencies, income generation, capital planning and value for money service developments
- Track record of achievement of objectives, including delivery of performance objectives
- Experience of influencing at senior level within and across organisations to develop services and improve performance
Personal / Professional attributesEssential
- Commitment to implementation and strengthening of clinical governance.
- Extensive knowledge of clinical audit, Research and development and evidence-based practice
- Environmental and political awareness.
- Excellent written and verbal communications, Interpersonal and influence skills
- High analytical and numeracy skills
- High level of self-awareness and openness to self-improvement.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to function in a multi-professional environment
- Ability to cope under pressure and work to ambitious deadlines
- Self-motivated, energetic and flexible, with well- developed interpersonal skills
- Personal resilience, self- awareness, determination to succeed
East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
William Harvey Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.