Cambridge Crisis Resolution and Home Treatment Team for Older Adults (CRHTTOP) is a well established, dynamic, friendly and supportive multi-disciplinary team based in Cambridge. We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced mental health nurse, social worker or OT to lead the Team.
CRHTTOP is a 7 day a week service providing assessment and short-term treatment in the community for people who might otherwise need admission to an acute psychiatric unit. You will have a passion for working with older adults with mental health needs (both functional need and memory loss), with a strong focus on delivering high quality care to service users, carers, their friends and family.
The post offers the unique opportunity to work in a leadership role, participating in the development of the service, staff supervision and line managing the mental health staff in the team. But you will also retain clinical duties such as participating in complex assessments, diagnosis and treatment process. You will work closely with colleagues from the multi-disciplinary team.
The ideal candidate will have strong leadership skills, team work ethics and a sense of accountability, accompanied by an ability to work under considerable pressure at times. This post is open to qualified mental health practitioners with the right attributes to enhance and lead the service.Main duties of the jobPlease note for this role you will be required to travel independently around the county meeting strict time deadlines. You will need to hold a full UK driving licence* and have use of a vehicle. You cannot use public transport for this role as this is not a reliable form of transport and will not allow you to meet service needs. Please confirm in your application that you meet the specified criteria.
To undertake a range of management responsibilities, including but not limited to recruitment and selection processes, performance management, appraisal and sickness absence management and staff development.
To work in partnership with the consultant and dementia clinical lead and ensure that expert leadership is demonstrated which meets the holistic needs of older adults within an acute mental health division.
To provide high visibility leadership, diving forward team developments by demonstrating as exemplar of expert practice, thereby, energising and motivating staff to continually deliver person centred care of the highest quality.
To ensure that the voice of patients and their families/carers is listened to and suggestions for changes to practice are respected and where necessary, escalated to senior decision makers within the organisation. Thereby embedding a you said, we did, ethos within the team.
*DVLA have a number ofreciprocalarrangements with overseas countries, for further information please visit the DVLA website About us
Cambridgeshire & Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust is a health & social care organisation dedicated to providing high quality care with compassion to improve the health & wellbeing of the people we care for, as well as supporting & empowering them to lead a fulfilling life.
Our clinical teams deliver many NHS services not only via inpatient and primary care setting but also with the community. These services include Children, Adult & Older Peoples mental & physical health, Forensic & Specialist mental health, Learning Disabilities, Primary Care & Liaison psychiatry, Substance misuse, Social care, Research & Development.
To achieve our goal, we look to recruit high calibre candidates that share our vision & values. As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applications from all sectors of the community, particularly from under-represented groups including disabled people & members of our ethnic minorities & LGBTQ+ communities.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease refer to the attached job description and person specification for full details of responsibilities
Person SpecificationEducation / QualificationsEssential
- Work within the Crisis Resolution and Home Treatment Team for Older People (CRHTTOP), providing clinical leadership on the matters relating to mental health interventions and line manage the mental health staff.
- Clinically supervise mental health practitioners within the CRHTTOP to ensure that there is excellent communication and planning for mental health interventions across the team.
- Ensure systems are in place to receive and prioritise mental health referrals to the team and delegation to staff members with the level of skill and competence required to meet patient need.
- Lead on the assessment and care planning/ interventions for patients whose needs may frequently be complex and multi-factorial in nature, collaborating with the integrated team, Advanced Practitioners/ medical colleagues, social services and other stakeholders involved in the transfer of care.
- Engage proactively with key stakeholders (including for example General Practitioners, Advanced Practitioners, the Integrated Neighbourhood Teams, specialist services, Social Services, independent/ private sector providers, from within and beyond the organisation) to identify patients who require supportive intervention and case management to prevent avoidable hospital admission and enable those individuals to remain in their own home environment.
- Negotiate the timely transfer home for those patients whose presentation does not require them to remain within or transfer to the acute/community hospital environment.
- Work in collaboration with the integrated neighbourhood team to provide information, prepare patients and their families/ carers for changes in the patients condition and actively encourage and support decision making and choice for end of life care including the use of fast track and CHC processes.
- Prioritise and manage own workload to ensure responsive care/interventions by staff with the level of skill and competence to meet patient need and provide advice and support to team members regarding the care/ management plan.
- Undertake assessments and reviews for appropriate patients being responsible for ensuring case management plans are in place have been delivered and complete relevant documentation.
- Ensure own leadership style facilitates effective communication, collaboration and motivation of staff and partners to achieve effective transfer of care.
- To assess, receive and review data regarding patients who regularly attend/ are admitted to acute care, liaise with the patients and relatives/ carers as appropriate and utilise tools such as Risk Stratification to enable the identification of appropriate patients
- It is a condition of employment that you are currently a registered professional and it is your responsibility to maintain your professional registration.
- To work with the area mental health lead and peer group to develop and maintain countywide management systems to demonstrate effective delivery of integrated care
- Registered Mental Health Nurse Level 1/and or equivalent AHP qualification.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrate continuous professional development
- Relevant qualifications in mental health e.g. Non-medical Prescribing
- Management qualification
- Demonstrate effective liaison with care providers, voluntary and statutory partners.
- Proven record of experience and achievement in mental health assessment, care of adults and older people
- Evidence of effective leadership management in multi-disciplinary teams
- Knowledge of common mental health conditions effecting adults and older people.
Skills and AbilitiesEssential
- Budget management
- Managing across sites
Knowledge and UnderstandingEssential
- Able to demonstrate commitment to high quality care and service provision.
- Experience of clinical supervision and leadership
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and in writing.
- Ability to influence and negotiate
- Understands and adheres to the principles of confidentiality.
- Accepts responsibility and professional accountability for own work and can define the responsibilities of others
- Recognises the limits of own authority within the role
- Seeks and uses professional leads/ knowledge base and in partnership support staff appropriately
- Demonstrates professional curiosity.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Manages strong emotions and responds constructively to the source of problems.
- Encourages others to express themselves openly
- Has a range of mechanisms for dealing with stress.
- Has a realistic knowledge of personal strengths and space for development
- In highly stressful situations keeps own feelings in check and takes constructive action and calms others down.
Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Beechcroft, Fulbourn Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.