Are you an inspirational leader, passionate about service development and opportunities to enable excellent outcomes for children and young people? If so, we welcome you to join our exciting and dynamic Children & Young People's Integrated Therapies Team.
We are recruiting an Early Years Operational Lead for Speech and Language Therapy to provide strategic, operational and clinical leadership to our early years speech and language therapy pathways. You will work with therapists supporting young children with complex needs including dysphagia.
Why should you join us?
You will be part of a compassionate and enthusiastic senior leadership team working with the Head of Service, the Operational Lead for School Age SALT, the Clinical Co-Ordinator for Early Years Complex Needs, Clinical Pathway Leads and Operational Leads for Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy to ensure the high-quality delivery of these services. As a jointly commissioned service, operating within an Integrated Care Partnership, you will have the opportunity to use your leadership skills to influence the strategic development and delivery of high quality, evidence-based therapy interventions. You will collaborate with stakeholders and partner agencies within the Local Area to support a whole system response to the needs, co-producing innovative transformations in line with local strategies.Main duties of the job
About usListen to why colleagues think we are a great place to work! -
- Provide strategic, operational and clinical leadership to the speech and language therapy service as part of the senior management team within CYP Therapy, delegating for the Head of Service as required.
- Work strategically with stakeholders and partner agencies within the Local Area to ensure early identification and support of speech, language and communication and eating, drinking and swallowing needs at universal and targeted levels of delivery as appropriate in accordance with locally developed strategies.
- Ensure the highest standard of evidence based clinical care to early years children who fall within the remit of the team and support staff to achieve this.
- Undertake line management responsibilities, including appraisals, the development of personal development plans, performance monitoring, and professional development of staff in line with Trust and professional policies
- Work with colleagues in the CYP therapy teams acting as a focal point for the timely resolution of clinical and non-clinical problems
- Sensitively manage the welfare of all staff concerning personnel issues and demonstrate transformational leadership skills.
- Coordinate speech and language therapy staff and resources to manage demand and ensure equity of access to services and implementation of new processes and innovations
BHT - A great place to work (buckshealthcare.nhs.uk) What does Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust offer you?
Why work for us?
- As part of our BHT family, you'll benefit from learning and development opportunities to support your career progression.
- We offer flexible and agile workingopportunities,alongside your NHS benefits ofgenerous annual leave entitlement, pension andaccess toNHS discount schemes.
- We provide a range of health and wellbeing services to promote a healthy, happy workforce.
What do we stand for?
- We're committed to promoting inclusion and making sure all colleagues feel they belong. We encourage new colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
- As an employer, we aim to create a workplace where differences are valued and colleagues treat one another with dignity and respect.
- Greater diversity withinourBHT familyimprovespositive outcomes for the people and communities we serve.
- A keen supporter of the Armed Forces Community who know the value of employing a service leaver/veteran and their families.
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Our vision is to provide outstanding care, support healthy communities and be a great place to work.
- Our mission is to provide personal and compassionate care every time.
- Our care values are collaborate, aspire, respect and enable.
For a comprehensive list of responsibilities and duties, please kindly refer to the Job Description and Person Specification by downloading the JD and PS attachment in the advert.
If you are an internal applicant there is the option for secondment, all applicants must have the endorsement/support of their line manager prior to application.Person SpecificationEDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS & TRAININGEssential
- Degree or Diploma (Speech and Language Therapy)
- Professional registration with HCPC.
- Member of relevant professional body e.g., RCSLT.
- Significant demonstrable experience of and demonstrable achievement in managing health/social care services
SKILLS, ABILITIES & KNOWLEDGEEssential
- Post graduate clinical/ management qualification or equivalent level of experience and proven ability to perform at this level
- Demonstrate an awareness of complex issues involved when working across organisations and disciplines
- Ability to be analytical when working in highly complex areas
- Ability to project plan and meet deadlines
- Ability to support and challenge traditional views and work practices in a credible and non threatening way
- Good performance management skills combining clarity around expectations, direction and holding others to account
- Resilient and selfmotivated with drive and vision that is able to work on own initiative and manage a range of priorities across competing agendas
- Commitment to the aims and values of the NHS combined with high personal integrity
- Experience of developing and maintaining effective partnerships with stakeholders in the redesign of service
- Experience of effectively leading and implementing change
- Experience of monitoring staff performance
- Experience of budget management / management of resources
- Experience of managing a multi-disciplinary team
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to travel between a range of clinical location
Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Haleacre Amersham Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.